my spiderling(g.pulchripres) wont eat

lanced_prinz

Arachnopeon
I had 3 g.pulchripes i named them 1 and 2...............
The 1 was about 2 inches and half
the 2 was about 1 cm...... he doesnt eat for about 1 week now.......pls helpme.i dont want to die my 2.........

Arachnethegreek

Arachnopeon
To my knowledge (limited tho it is) it's sometimes normal for t's to go off food a bit before a molt, and considering the size it would be too far of a guess. Also it's somewhat normal for the grammostola family to be picky eaters G. Rosea perfect example. I swould only really get worried if the activity level begins to decline, or you notice odd behaviours.

Wheezy

Arachnopeon
One weeks fine, tarantula's can go a lot longer than that without eating, so don't worry:). In fact, most people usually only feed their T's around once a week, the less you feed them, the slower they grow, the longer they live. If they're hungry, they'll eat, just make sure you either mist a little bit, or give them a small cap of water, depending on how big they are. As long as they have water, they're set. My Poecilotheria Ornata doesn't eat a whole lot either, i used to give him 2-3 crickets a week, however he would only eat like one, and i'd just have to take the crickets out after them being in there for around 24 hours, in other words, i'll give him a cricket, and if he doesn't eat it by the next day, i'll just take it out to avoid mites or other nasty little bugs. So don't worry, your T may be going into premolt, where it'll darken up, move less, and hardly eat, or it could just not be hungry, simple as that:)

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your tarantula will not die or even have a near death experience,
from not eating for a week. No matter what the reason is, and no matter what it's age..

Gaston

Arachnopeon
don't worry, this is normal for Grammostola and one week is normal for all genus

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My G. rosea went like 3 or 4 months without eating so it's nothing unusual. My pulchripes only gets like 1 or 2 crickets a week so don't stress too much.

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
could also be because of new surroundings. did you rehouse them?
if their bums look ok, i wouldn't worry.

you could also try smaller prey items? seems likely because it's #2, the smaller one that's not eating. something just under 1/2 their leg span should be ok - cut up mealworms, cricket drumsticks and my favorite - pinheads/ baby crix.

what do you feed them?
and since no one's asked, how's #3 doing?

cheers

Last edited:

lanced_prinz

Arachnopeon
thank you

i bought them to a reputable hobbyist at the same time..........
the no.1 chaco was 2inches and half now and the other was about .75 cm.......i don't know whats the prob....

what do you preferred a dead insect food or live insect food?

thanak you so much.......

lanced_prinz

Arachnopeon
i feed them with a meal worms.......the #3 was a brachypelma emilia and its healathy....

thak you

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
i'd go with live prey - i recommend pinhead (baby) crickets.
for mealworms, cut it up to an appropriate size and try and tong feed.

if it doesn't eat, leave it alone for a couple of days and try again.
it could just be in premolt - do you know how to spot that?

do you have a picture of the enclosure?

cheers