My spider Molted and look what he did !

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
I posted in the molted today section but could not post pics. So Im posting one here. Hes baraced himself in to protect himself from predators or what have you, My last spider never did that, Is this a normal thing for spiders to do ? ill post a pic off my phone

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
yes, it is perfectly normal spidey behavior. A lot of spiders barricade themselves in and it serves as a universal indicator that the spider wants to be left alone. :)

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Its pretty much a "do not disturb" sign which serves as a barricade from outside stimuli, It will be fine without intervention... just keep a water-dish filled should it become thirsty and need a drink.

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Ok cool. Sorry my pics dont seem to be posting but I its probly nothing anyone else hasnt seen before lol. My last spider would just do it wherever he started, H becan to favour a corner after 4 or 5 molts but he didnt do anyhting to protect himself like that. I picked up the enclosure for better lighting I knew he might not like it but I wanted a picof it and is fairly dark in my room where I have him. I may move him to the closet temporarly until I childproof my door. he already got into my gecko tank

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Ok cool. Sorry my pics dont seem to be posting but I its probly nothing anyone else hasnt seen before lol. My last spider would just do it wherever he started, H becan to favour a corner after 4 or 5 molts but he didnt do anyhting to protect himself like that. I picked up the enclosure for better lighting I knew he might not like it but I wanted a picof it and is fairly dark in my room where I have him. I may move him to the closet temporarly until I childproof my door. he already got into my gecko tank
The T got into the gecko tank? If I read that correctly you may need a new, safer enclosure. Could end up with a dead spider or gecko

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
The T got into the gecko tank? If I read that correctly you may need a new, safer enclosure. Could end up with a dead spider or gecko
I think he meant his son got into the gecko tank so wants to lock the spider in a closet so the kid can't get into that enclosure too. ;)

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I think he meant his son got into the gecko tank so wants to lock the spider in a closet so the kid can't get into that enclosure too. ;)
Haha ok that makes sense then! :) could try putting them up high too

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
No the kid did sorry. I think he was trying to look at it I wasnt home at the time and he got away on the mom into my room