My Snakes

Beowulf1976

Arachnopeon
First we have my Arizona Mountain King, her name is Tehya and she has to be the most chilled out friendly snake that I have come into contact with. She is now my firm favourite. It doesn't matter whether she is pre-shed or post-shed she is never annoyed at being handled (NB: I try not to hold her pre-shed but if her habitat needs cleaning out, it's inevitable)

Next we have my Sonoran Dwarf Cross Boa, his name is Bertie, he used to be my favourite until he started striking at me a few times, put me off handling him. Simon handles the boas with a face mask and shoulder length gloves as they can be right feisty buggers!

Then we have my Banana Californian King, he was named Butter by his previous owners and I haven't thought of a better name yet, so he is still butter for now. *cringe* He went through a stage of opening his vent every time you touched him and straining to make a mess until you let him go, so handling was put to a minimum requirement to stop him prolapsing.

Last but not least is my Carolina Corn, her name is Sanuye, she is my second snake but is going through a really nervous stage at the moment so I don't handle her at the moment, Simon just handles her to clean her RUB out.

All except my Arizona are due another photo shoot. My Carolina is massive now bless her.

I don't clean my snakes out, Simon does it for me as I am too poorly to do them, but I do enjoy sitting on the bed and handling them. My Arizona gets a "fuss" on a regular basis whereas the rest are as and when.

Kings are on mice and Boa and Corn are on chicks.

They all live in 50 litre RUBS, apart from my Arizona as we believe her head is too small so can get trapped in the lid holes. We are still looking at a way of using a RUB for her though as she has become too big for the faunarium that she is in.

VinceG

Arachnobaron
Damn, that Arizona Mountain King is really nice! Too bad they are really hard to find, or simply impossible, here in Canada.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"he used to be my favourite until he started striking at me a few times, put me off handling him. Simon handles the boas with a face mask and shoulder length gloves as they can be right feisty buggers!"

Thats just going to condition them that if they want to be put down all they have to do is strike. Should handle them way more often. Theres really no need for shoulder gloves and face masks lol

Alireza

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice snakes! I used to keep a corn snake, it was a great time. They make great pets.