my smithi

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i love those. :) that's a gorgeous T. how is yours temperament-wise? i have a little sling currently, small little bugger.

i've got a pic of it, just follow the link in my sig, i've already posted a pic of it. i think (hope) it's just about to molt as it's entire body has gotten very dark. here's hoping! :)

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
awww, i'm a sucker for the hairy legged pretty ones :)

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very good looking T. I'm going to have to order me one of those.

Andy

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Sweet, nice T! I dig the Brachy genus. I have a couple of darty slings - growing fast and looking good. I can't wait for the coloration to show in my kiddies.

D

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It is very cool when the color shows up on the B. smithi's.

-Olan:8o

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
as you can see in the pic, mine has a good temperment, no bald spots, she seems very docile, until a cricket is dropped in, she goes ballistic......
Id hate to be a cricket.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by mebebraz
as you can see in the pic, mine has a good temperment, no bald spots, she seems very docile, until a cricket is dropped in, she goes ballistic......
Id hate to be a cricket.
Funny thing, mine doesn't even go ballistic over food. She's always really mellow. The only time I've seen her kick lately was when I tried to move her half-log ro get a renegade cricket out. Neither of mine have eaten in several weeks. Season change, maybe?

N.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You guys a lucky, mine is around the same size as the both of yours and it loves to flick its hairs at me. It has been like that ever since its last couple of molts.

Maybe I need to try and handle it more and get it better use to me? Or maybe not:?

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Crash-

Nice smithi. I like the thick border on the carapace. I have 2 slings that are about 5-7th instars - both @ about 1-1/4". They're growing fast, but I can't wait for them to show those colors. Got them when they were little 1/4" spec's :D . One of them is due to molt this week!!!

D

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a large adult female smithi. Like Nocturnal's she is pretty mellow, even around food and hasn't eaten in a few weeks. My rosea hasn't eaten in months. The crickets are starting to volunteer for food duty just to get a change of scenery. My rosea is so off her food that when a cricket comes near she goes defensive and then kicks it back across the tank. It's getting embarrasing.

I love the dramatic coloration on the smithi. When they stretch out and make themselves big they are a truly impressive arachnid. My female must have added an extra inch and a half on her last molt. She's well over 6 inches now. I'll try to get an up to date photo of her sorted out.

TheSpiderHouse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mebebraz, thats a beauty you have there! :D

Originally posted by luther
I have a large adult female smithi. Like Nocturnal's she is pretty mellow, even around food and hasn't eaten in a few weeks. My rosea hasn't eaten in months. The crickets are starting to volunteer for food duty just to get a change of scenery. My rosea is so off her food that when a cricket comes near she goes defensive and then kicks it back across the tank. It's getting embarrasing.
LOL Luther!

My smithi is pretty mellow also. When I first got her, she tended to kick hairs a lot. Now she seems to have mellowed out a lot and rarely kicks them at me. She's doesn't really go ballistic over food, but she will stalk it. She kinda follows behind it and walks it to a corner where it has nowhere to run. She just came off of a 2 week fast, but has 2 crix in her mouth right now. I do love the colors though..