My Smerinigurus mesaensis gave birth today.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by larsen
Hehe... it`s look like Smeringurus m to me;)

Very nice looking scorp.
BLOODY HELL!

Ok...well, a couple questions, then. Was it worth the $35 I payed for it, does it require similar conditions as H. arizonensis, and how potent is the venom?

N.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
It does look a lot like S.mesaensis, but then 2nd instar H.arazonensis don't look that far off. The crescent shape tends to be more defined, though, so I think that larsen is right. This brings us to your next questions:

How big is it? Neither of the species in question is worth even close to that much until they are full grown or maybe one instar short. Care info can be found here. Venom is painful but not harmful and this species is agressive. Actualy, they are very much like Hadrurus in those respects.

Cheers,
Dave

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
It does look a lot like S.mesaensis, but then 2nd instar H.arazonensis don't look that far off. The crescent shape tends to be more defined, though, so I think that larsen is right. This brings us to your next questions:

How big is it? Neither of the species in question is worth even close to that much until they are full grown or maybe one instar short. Care info can be found here. Venom is painful but not harmful and this species is agressive. Actualy, they are very much like Hadrurus in those respects.

Cheers,
Dave
Well, even if it's S. mesaensis, I do adore the little critter. As far as how big it is, I'd guess 2.5 in. from end to end. It's about as long as a superworm.

I figured I got ripped off, but I gave in. I ordered some from another shop, and they were going to charge me $15. I also has a $15 credit there. The problem is, I ordered them 6 weeks ago and they still haven't arrived. I'm not the most patient person, and that's why I allowed myself to pay that much for it.

On the bright side, I still have that $15 credit, and I'm going to get a free desert hairy LoL

N.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Is that one of the babies or is that the mother?

If it is one of the babies it would be great if you could give us some details about how you raised them and note any succeses or failures you may have had.

Nice pics by the way.

John
];')

larsen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes, thats one of the babies, size about 1 inch.

I will write more later, have to go to work :8o

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Did you ever get round to posting about how you managed to keep them alive? I'm getting an adult pair soon, and would really like to breed them and raise the babies.

Cheers

Lee

Scorpie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
good job

good job raising them,
by the 3rd instar you know they will be fine. this is one spiecies i have really wanting to get my hands on. i have found no dealers and i have an empty tank dying for a scorpion.

oh well. maybe later

redhourglass

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello All,

Looks like S.meseaensis. The slender metasoma/telson and large median eyes give it away. Hadrurus a. pallidus will have a greater metasoma width at any instar age between the two genera. Great pics :}

Sinc. Chad