My small collection

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I name mine usually and the girls name theirs. As stated, it is easy to tell who is naming what here!:D
For instance, my C. Marshalli is "Diablo" and Amandas Pinktoe is
"Wilbur". I like to use myths/legends also.
The names stay, even if they molt (melt?;) ) into a different gender.
Of course our corn snakes are Arwen, Aragorn, and Galadriel....

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Heh, all of mine get random and senseless names.. Casull (after the handgun round) Victoria (to make my mother proud) Kill-o-gramm (after poor behavior), Beezlebub (He's mean), Witchpricker (Salem ornamental.. har har).. My daughters names are atleast consistent.. Mojo-jojo.. Buttercup.. Blossom..

Bill

Now that's cute... but can Bubbles get some love, please? She's the best one out of the bunch! ;)

kellygirl

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All of my animals have Biblical names. The tarantulas that have names are named after cities in the Bible.

G. Rosea - Zion
A. avicularia - Damascus
B. albopilosum - Jericho
B. smithi - Israel
B. vagans - Judah

My lizards are named after books of the Bible.

Iguana - Ezra
Uromastyx - Malachi

I always thought that if my iguana passed away and I got another one, I could call it "Better Than Ezra" but I don't know if that would be respectful of the dead. ;)

kellygirl

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
ahaha KG!
my ratties have all had biblical city names: Ninevah, Jericho, Babylon, etc
However, we seem to have deviated this time with Pixie and Dixie...the only problem is I can't remember who is who!

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
ahaha KG!
my ratties have all had biblical city names: Ninevah, Jericho, Babylon, etc
However, we seem to have deviated this time with Pixie and Dixie...the only problem is I can't remember who is who!

Oooh, i like Ninevah and Babylon!!! My A. moderatum and B. angustum just got names! If that's ok with you, that is... :p

kellygirl

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Holley! :)

But ah, if only Killer Cheeto were a Biblical city... maybe if I found a really obscure translation.... ;)

And I'm way to OCD to break from my current naming pattern!

kellygirl

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: ><

Originally posted by Vayu Son
Neat ;) Is that a redphase rosea?

-V
I would say it sure is, aren't they just gorgeous! G.rosea are without doubt the most underrated tarantula on the market (well, maybe H. maculata). It will be sad when one day they are banned from export and hardly anybody has tried to breed these beauties, just because of prices and availability of cheap adults. Then watch the price of these awesome T's explode.

Don't kid yourselves folks, it's gonna happen;)

Cheers,
Steve

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I can't honestly be cartain if she's a Red phase or not, simply because I've never seen the two types together at the same time.

She certainly has vivid coloration compared to most I've seen in pet shops, which seem a lot duller.

Her legs and abdomen are covered in deep pinky-red hairs though, and under a flourescent lamp they look spectacular - almost orange.