My small collection

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, as I'm new here I thought I'd introduce you all to my current little collection of tarantulas.

First off, Pepper.
She's a 10 year old Chile rose. I had her for my 13th birthday as a spiderling the size of my thumbnail. She's docile as hell and one of the nicest coloured Chile roses I've seen.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Next up is Idi.
Idi is a Mombasa Golden Starburst Pterinochilus murinus
He's 2 inches across, a few months old I'd say. He has a voracious appetite and a bit of an attitude problem, though he will fight and then run rather than standing his ground.
And he has a missing leg. :(

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mugabe is the same age and roughly the same size as Idi. He's an "Usambara" colour form of Pterinochilus.
He recently went from being a burrow to full arboreal overnight. He's not as jumpy as Idi but will stand his ground a lot longer before doing a runner. I think he's about to come up to moult as he's been refusing food all week.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lastly for now, is Miguel - a baby Brachypelma alboposeum
Miguel is about 1.5 inches across and will flick hairs feebly if you bug him. He eats like a horse. :D

That's it for now!

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice T's there, especially the rosea. I noticed that you named everyone of your T's. I'm willing to bet that you will stop naming them once their number gets over 10:D

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Welcome aboard. You have some great pictures of your t's. We have almost 70 t's and all of them have names. Take care, Pam

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I try and give them names relative to the country or area of the world the come from. :)
The only time I'll stop is if I start to breed them...naming 150 spiderlings is not my idea of fun ;)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Lopez...hear hear! I have over 100 Usambara slings right now, and I've numbered them instead of names LOL
Welcome to the boards, and thanks for sharing the pics, those are really nice
Holley

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful T's!

Great names too.

Today will bring us up to 11.

Infinity

Arachnopeon
We have a little over a hundred (stopped counting) specimens so far, and while every one of them has a number assigned to it, only a handful of them have shown enough attitude or personality to get a name.

There is a clear distinction between the names my husband picks (usually named for ancient dieties or myths) and the ones that I come up with (Itchy, Squeak, etc). =D

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Infinity
There is a clear distinction between the names my husband picks (usually named for ancient dieties or myths) and the ones that I come up with (Itchy, Squeak, etc). =D
LOL, I have exactly the same situation.

Miguel, Idi Amin, Mugabe = My choices

Pepper = My Girlfriend's choice.....

:)

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by Infinity
Mine's that way, but opposite:

My names: Scooter (pinktoe), Pogo (Togo Starburst), Cholora (versicolor).
My wife's names: Gion (blondi), Edana (red knee), Kennis (metalic pinktoe), Keiran (pulchra).

Go figure, right? ;)

-Bryan

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
my names are a mix of my choices and Shelby's choices....
Shelby: Kalafear, Cadashio, Killer Cheeto (Vayu Son seems to be sticking with it LOL), Mrs Fuklubooshay, Seculada etc.
Mine are at least real words...Helloween, Tristania (for metal bands), Zindzhi (Swahili), Amon Ra, Maleficent, Hot Tamale, Gog and Magog (the twins), Artemis, Zuri, etc.
You can tell which of us named which T in this house!

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The twins named ours.
I get to make suggestions.
Most of the time they are completly ignored.

But,, it's Their T's really so They get to name them.
My name picking depends on the critter.

If it Looks like a something or other and acts like a something or other. Or whatever Just strikes.

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lopez
LOL, I have exactly the same situation.

Miguel, Idi Amin, Mugabe = My choices

Pepper = My Girlfriend's choice.....

:)
You forgot to mention that your poor Rosie went without a name for 10 years before I cunningly named her Pepper.. After the Red Hot Chilli Peppers... get it? Chillian Rose ---> Chilli Pepper? :D See, it does have some reasoning after all.

My B. emilia spiderling is called Jezabel, purely for the fact that people go nuts when I tell them I have a baby T and call them evil and nasty etc. So I thought I'd give her a name to match a 'reputation'. Just about everyone who has met her so far goes 'awwwwwww' though :)

My new Acanthoscurria geniculata will be called Rio, because she's from Brazil.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Heh, all of mine get random and senseless names.. Casull (after the handgun round) Victoria (to make my mother proud) Kill-o-gramm (after poor behavior), Beezlebub (He's mean), Witchpricker (Salem ornamental.. har har).. My daughters names are atleast consistent.. Mojo-jojo.. Buttercup.. Blossom..

Bill

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Lopez,
Awesome t's and pics..Especially the rosie..

As for names, I give mine exotic names, pretending their my kids..blondi--Kaja, rosie--Audra, pulchra==Freya and so on..
Peace,
Gillian