My Slings Drink From Deli Cup Lids

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Awesome you got a pic on the right time :)
But ehmm, you might want to check the first enclosure from the ground up...it looks like the lid is not really closing on the right side...

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Thanks for looking out for me. That lid sticks really tight if I push it too far in. The lip helps me get it off easier, but it still is tight.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Thanks for looking out for me. That lid sticks really tight if I push it too far in. The lip helps me get it off easier, but it still is tight.
Oh, good, pfew! And you're welcome! We fellow spider-addicts must look out for one another :D

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Pretty cool.. I
I have the same exact enclosure and the lid is a monster if I close it completely..

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Little water bottle caps work the best, imo. They keep humidity perfect for the most part as well and you're not constantly misting.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Little water bottle caps work the best, imo. They keep humidity perfect for the most part as well and you're not constantly misting.
I don't give water bowls to anything smaller than 1" (or roughly smaller than the size [by leg span] of a plastic soda bottle lid).

I've done the "spray the lid" method for years for my tiny slings. It provides moisture without getting the substrate wet, and it doesn't startle the sling. The exceptions being species that have higher humidity requirements, such as my M. mesomelas. I do wet the substrate for them.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Fair enough, everyone's got their own way of doing things. I have a few slings under an inch and see them drinking from their dishes all the time. I think i've only witnessed one spider drink from the misting method in 20 years lol.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Fair enough, everyone's got their own way of doing things. I have a few slings under an inch and see them drinking from their dishes all the time. I think i've only witnessed one spider drink from the misting method in 20 years lol.
And I see them do it all the time. *shrug* Who knows with spiders.