My sling is dying

vounti

Arachnoknight
Hi y'all

I got this Nhandu tripepii a month or 1,5 month ago. It molted fine about a week ago. For the caring aspect, I keep it pretty much like my A. geniculata sling which is doing fine

I rehoused it because the enclosure was too small and I MIGHT have poured too much water. Not enough to drown it but that species does not need that much water

I'm not quite sure what's the reason for that probably coming death. I am keeping more than 20 Ts in that same room and that N. tripepii is the only one affected.

Now it is on its back, moving a bit more than yesterday. Still it looks really bad. I give it water drops on its mouth and I saw that the fangs were moving towards the mouth. Maybe drinking ?

Do you have other suggestion ? What can I possibly do ?
I know all slings don't always survive but I still can improve in T husbandry

Attachments

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Is there no ventilation holes in the sides of the container? If you've put too much water in and there's inadequate ventilation then it's likely became too humid and stuffy. That can kill T's fast; Always have side and top ventilation to get that cross flow of air

You could also put a little water dish in there in the future, wouldn't hurt.

vounti

Arachnoknight
Is there no ventilation holes in the sides of the container? If you've put too much water in and there's inadequate ventilation then it's likely became too humid and stuffy. That can kill T's fast; Always have side and top ventilation to get that cross flow of air

You could also put a little water dish in there in the future, wouldn't hurt.

That might be it. I'll add side holes right now. Do you think my T can recover from that ? It's still moving so not dead yet :( Thank you very much

Also I noticed that one of the book lungs does not seem right. See the lower right book lung has a weird coloration

Have I caused that myself ? Can it recover ?

Attachments

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
I
Also I noticed that one of the book lungs does not seem right. See the lower right book lung has a weird coloration

Have I caused that myself ? Can it recover ?
I think the book lungs are fine, unfortunately only time will tell. Might just be something to be sure to rectify moving forward.

vounti

Arachnoknight
Thank you sir. It saddens me quite a lot.

Let's cross fingers and hope for the best

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
The video doesn’t work for me, but in reality there’s hardly anything you can do besides evaluate your care and husbandry to make sure there were no human errors. But sometimes slings just don’t make it, not all in nature are destined to. If it passes sorry for your loss 😩