My sling is a jerk.

Ehliza

Arachnopeon
While doing my morning check of my animals before work, I noticed my genic sling had once again pushed it's hide against the wall so that it couldn't get inside. I, being the loving arachnid mom I am, moved it back so it had a place to hide. I also filled it's water dish.

I come home from work only to catch it in the act of taking balls of dirt and scattering them around the cage, including in it's water dish and on it's hide (which was moved once again:meh:). At this point, I'm just like, "Whatever. I'll just replace it's hide with a piece of cork bark."
As I'm taking out said hide, the little guy decides to grab on to it and enact a tug-o-war game in which the winner keeps the hide. After a few minutes of nudging and pulling, it must've noticed it had no chance of winning, because it scrambled onto the hide and planted itself there. I eventually got it off, but what was supposed to be a quick switch turned into a head to head battle between us. It also probably didn't help that my 2 year old niece was breathing on my neck the whole time observing and yelling, "PIDER! Titi, look at the pider!"

Long story short, my sling likes to make my life a pain. "Easy to care for" pets my ass:banghead:.

At least it can't move it's hide now:troll:

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Well geez, you probably pissed it off. Imagine if you spent all day rearranging your home, and your human comes barging in to steal your couch:sour:

Ehliza

Arachnopeon
Well geez, you probably pissed it off. Imagine if you spent all day rearranging your home, and your human comes barging in to steal your couch:sour:
Well, I would hope if I started throwing dirt all over my furniture and in my water, someone would help me:bucktooth:

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Geez I would've just left the original hide. If it wants to use it then it can move it back

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I used to do that as well, putting all things back and stuff. Now i just take out boli and flip a new waterdish in there and call it good. They apparently like messy homes, who am i to judge :p

Except for my E.pachypus. i think she might be an OCD case since the entrance to her burrow is spotlessly webbed and the rest is clean as a whistle...she always puts remains in the exact same spot for me to take it out.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I used to do that as well, putting all things back and stuff. Now i just take out boli and flip a new waterdish in there and call it good. They apparently like messy homes, who am i to judge :p

Except for my E.pachypus. i think she might be an OCD case since the entrance to her burrow is spotlessly webbed and the rest is clean as a whistle...she always puts remains in the exact same spot for me to take it out.
I'm sure my P.Metallica has OCD as well, whenever I feed, the remains are always left in the same place dangling from web, to OP I would have left the enclosure the way the spider had modelled it, an Interior Designer in the making......

Ehliza

Arachnopeon
I'm sure my P.Metallica has OCD as well, whenever I feed, the remains are always left in the same place dangling from web, to OP I would have left the enclosure the way the spider had modelled it, an Interior Designer in the making......
Usually I let it be a little bulldozer and it's quite entertaining to watch but I was planning to change it's hide soon anyways. I figured then was a better time than ever:DThe filling of the water dish stopped being funny after like the 5th time though:cool:

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My B. albiceps is extremely neat. Never throws sub around, never flips the waterdish. My B. hamorii, however, is a force of chaos and destruction.