My sling bolted off my table

Xavmii

Arachnopeon
I was just about to fill the water dishes when my sling bolted fast and run off the table i had a hard time finding it since i have so many stuff under the table and i got him still pretty active and still panicked. Also at the same time I dropped the whole enclosure of my B.boehmei which is really unactive but i got it still alive. Will they be okay?
Btw theyre this small

Attachments

Table

Arachnosquire
Slings tend to survive falls mostly unshaved, something about their small mass. If you can't see and leaks I'd say their fine. Try and do rehouses and maintenance in a place where Ur Ts can't bolt and fall. Could save the live of one of our Ts some day.

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
They are a bit better at taking falls when they are slings because they are light, but you might not be so lucky next time.
I would let that substrate dry out a little, it looks way too wet. It needs to be moist but not that wet.
Do you have cork bark or anything for them to hide and start a burrow under? They are much more likely to run to their burrow instead of out the enclosure if they have somewhere to hide.
Also id maybe feed them some more and get them a bit fatter, they are looking quite thin.

jc55

Arachnoknight
My question would be what are you using for a water dish for a sling so small and how did you drop a completely different enclosure while attempting to fill a water dish?In my opinion it sounds to me like you need to brush up on your skills at taking care of these slings and practice safer methods to ensure their survival.

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
Slings can withstand falls a lot better than more developed t’s.

Probably just gave it a scare

Last edited:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
There’s only one way you’ll find out if they’ll be okay: wait.

Hide, letting drying out would be helpful.

Coradams

Arachnoknight
I hope your little guys are ok. Gravity doesn't have a hold on slings like it does with adults. I would like to suggest doing maintenance in a large tub and keep a catch cup handy. That way if the sling bolts it is still contained for a bit and it will give you a little extra time to safely recapture it.

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
I have a question, what if you spread vaseline or vegetable oil on the sides of the container? It would prevent the sling from escaping and could make maintenance much easier.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Rehouse in the bathtub. Put the plug in make sure the sides are clear and off you go.
No risk of bolting.