My Singapore Blue is turning WHITE!

StephSully

Arachnopeon
I have no idea what's up with this girl, she hardly ever moves in the 6 months that I've had her but feeds good. But now she is turning white!! Yes, white! Is anyone familiar with this?? It looks like someone has poured calcium powder all over her...she is THAT white. :wall: Any advice or info on what might be going on is greatly appreciated! Thanks, guys!

StephSully

Arachnopeon
No pics, my camera has water damage :mad: Doesn't really look like mold, I wish I had a pic....definitely not mites. And it's only on half of her body....I'll look around and see if I can find an old camera to take a pic with.

VinceG

Arachnobaron
What's your setup? What kind of substrate do you use? Any special decorations?

Pictures would really be the best way for us to help though

StephSully

Arachnopeon
What's your setup? What kind of substrate do you use? Any special decorations?

Pictures would really be the best way for us to help though
She's in a extra large Kritter Keeper with terarrium substrate....(the brown bricks that you add water to) with fake plants in with her.

RoosterG

Arachnopeon
Id definitely like to see a picture of this, im thinkin mold..but the entire body? wierd..:?

StephSully

Arachnopeon
Id definitely like to see a picture of this, im thinkin mold..but the entire body? wierd..:?

I'm working on finding a camera that works. It's definitely hard to explain. She's got almost a chalky look to her. Ridiculous comparison, but it reminds me of the part in the movie E.T. where he's lying in the bathroom dying and he's all white. Anyone remember that?:confused:

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Truly puzzling. I've seen where Ts seemingly become covered in mold (not a pretty sight) and if I remember correctly, they take on a powdery look. I hope that isn't it, I don't think those cases end well.

Pics would help considerably :eek:

StephSully

Arachnopeon
I'm working on finding a camera that works. It's definitely hard to explain. She's got almost a chalky look to her. Ridiculous comparison, but it reminds me of the part in the movie E.T. where he's lying in the bathroom dying and he's all white. Anyone remember that?:confused:

Here's a pic, finally!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
HUH :? It almost looks like she's bleaching.... I just went back and found a T with mold, didn't look like this. Unfortunately, I got nothing for ya, hopefully it's nothing serious :confused:

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Does she have a hide?

Maybe she will molt out of it. Was she the same color before her last molt?

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
thats odd is it usally all currled up like that? It would be good to see a pic with the legs more spred out. on an unrelated topic the water dish looks empty.

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
is that a metal water dish with rust in it!?

metal is a no no in enclosures I thought.