My second. Bumba cabocla

Jeffrey Wade

Arachnopeon
Receiving my second wife tomorrow a.m., decided on a B. Cabolcla, as I found a good female specimen (3.5") at a good price.
Any comments on these lovelies?
My terrestrial enclosure is smaller, but w deeper substrate because I hear they hide out/burrow a bit.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Any comments on these lovelies?
My terrestrial enclosure is smaller, but w deeper substrate because I hear they hide out/burrow a bit.
I like how they look; they remind me of a cross between a tarantula and a true spider.

My juvenile male likes to dig and move substrate around. I keep part of his substrate slightly damp with a water dish.

How I set him up when I got him (he is due for a rehouse now, as he's getting too big for his deli cup):

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
My small female, 2"DLS, digs right down to the bottom of her enclosure and always has. She comes up and sits just outside the entrance to her burrow when she is hungry, but otherwise I see very little of her. I keep her a bit more damp than scrub land species. She has a voracious appetite and always has. They are a bit unusual looking, but are still gorgeous.

Last edited:

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
Awesome species! My adult female rarely ever uses her hide. I keep her on 5" of slightly moist substrate with a cork bark hide and she hasn't done any burrowing.

4.5" adult female.
20200110_122625.jpg
2.5" juvenile male.
20191229_105328.jpg

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Awesome species! My adult female rarely ever uses her hide. I keep her on 5" of slightly moist substrate with a cork bark hide and she hasn't done any burrowing.
Good to know, that gives me hope that she will become more visible as she gets larger.
You plan on breeding your two?

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
I love the thought and creativity you put into your enclosures. I can't wait to see what you do in the future :)