my scorpie molt on display

erinpuppy

Arachnopeon
i wanted to show off my work here.
i saves my scorpions molt and keep it on display.
when he molted he sat on his molt for like a week lol. i finally grabbed it one day, it was wet and dirty. i soaked it in soapy water and i started to carefully pose it on my foam with pins. i’m extremely happy with my work here and the pose i achieved.

i’ll always have it to remember him by

Attachments

erinpuppy

Arachnopeon
I did not have to use any filling! Because it’s just a shell it’s very light weight and no sticky guts involved. So I just lined the bottom and top together as best I could and used my pins to probably add a little pressure from the sides That help its shape. It’s not perfectly rounded or even lined up (in the last photo you can see the edge of the bottom piece not perfectly aligned)

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
I did not have to use any filling! Because it’s just a shell it’s very light weight and no sticky guts involved. So I just lined the bottom and top together as best I could and used my pins to probably add a little pressure from the sides That help its shape. It’s not perfectly rounded or even lined up (in the last photo you can see the edge of the bottom piece not perfectly aligned)
Ahh, clever. I've sort of tried to do that with the abdomens of my amblypygi moults but it never works out this nicely.

erinpuppy

Arachnopeon
Ahh, clever. I've sort of tried to do that with the abdomens of my amblypygi moults but it never works out this nicely.
I don’t know anything much about those animals but I believe you. I think being a scorpion this was much easier. Scorpions tail intact kind of holds everything together they come out the front and the back of the abdomen is still in one piece. I helped my friend pose her tarantula molt and it was significantly harder; the abdomen was pretty deformed.