My scorp gave birth!

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My emperor scorpion just gave birth and I am soooo happy. I can't get pics though because my parents would find out. But I have question. They baby scorpions are under the female and so far there isn't too many young (like 5) so is it possible she is in the process of giving birth?

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My emperor scorpion just gave birth and I am soooo happy. I can't get pics though because my parents would find out. But I have question. They baby scorpions are under the female and so far there isn't too many young (like 5) so is it possible she is in the process of giving birth?
yes, just leave her alone for today and check later.

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
congratz zman16 i know you have been waiting for that moment :clap:

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
congratz zman16 i know you have been waiting for that moment :clap:
Thanks! I've been waiting for a while. The scopionlings are so cute, and they are bigger than what i though.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can't get pics though because my parents would find out.QUOTE]

Thats quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen on AB's. Congrats though, I know you have been waiting. As for you parents...they will have to find out sometime. Try to win your mother over by telling her anything that takes 12 months to gestate and can spit out 10 young in a day deserves her respect, lol.

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can't get pics though because my parents would find out.QUOTE]

Thats quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen on AB's. Congrats though, I know you have been waiting. As for you parents...they will have to find out sometime. Try to win your mother over by telling her anything that takes 12 months to gestate and can spit out 10 young in a day deserves her respect, lol.
lol
I told my parents when I bought it, that it was a boy :D. I won't let my parents find out because as soon as there old enough there getting sent to my grandma's house (which is a block away). I bought all the stuff i need and brought it over there. I will probably be over her house every day :D. I know if my parents found out they would kill me and baby scorpions.

Do scorpions give birth to ten a day? I thought they did it right at once. Does that mean by tommorrow there could be ten more?

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They can take up to a day or more to give birth. Wait a few days, don't stress her out.

Mike

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think I stressed out my scorpion too much yesterday, because there is only one scorp on her back and she ate the rest. :( I'm not gonna look at her for the next 4 days. she's still pretty fat so i hope she gives birth to more

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think I stressed out my scorpion too much yesterday, because there is only one scorp on her back and she ate the rest. :( I'm not gonna look at her for the next 4 days. she's still pretty fat so i hope she gives birth to more

Make sure the humidity is kept up. In my experience scorpions consume their young when environmental conditions are not right.

Last edited:

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Make sure the humidity is kept up. In my experience scorpions consume their young when environmental conditions are not right.
and make sure there is no food in there, the slings have enough in them to survive without food. If they're all gone except for one I wouldn't expect too much. Personally I would have thrown a towel over the enclosure to prevent distress from the light and generally avoided making vibrations around the area.

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The humidity is up, i don't know the exact percentage. The last time i saw her she had three on her back, so i hope she's giving birth to more.

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How long does it take for a emperor scorp to become an adult?

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
any news bro?
How many babies did she end up giving you?

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There is a total of seven young, possibly eight. I would have liked to have more but I aint complaining. There so cute :D.

By a really long time you mean...

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A couple of years. Search and you'll find an exact anwser.

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How do the scorplings act when they are close to molting?

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How do the scorplings act when they are close to molting?
They don't act and you shouldn't be looking at them anyways. Takes about 2 weeks to molt to I2... You need to stop asking, do some searching and start reading.

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You need to stop asking, do some searching and start reading.
I've been doing research on the same scorpion for over a year! All I did was look through sites, read books, ect.. It was only about three months ago did I ask my first question about scorpions. I'm sorry that I found that the only way to get answers is to first have a question.