My scorp Escape

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't know what to do. Yesturday I moved my Asian FOrest scorp to a new locaton and next morning(today) I found it gone:(.
I don't know what to do. I don't even know where to look.
what if it stings some one from my family. well i'm just really concern for it's safty also. I want it back:( it's my first scorp ever.
if some one does get stung how serious is it? and what can i do after some one gets stung? :(

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Are you sure it just hasn't burrowed under the substrate?

John
];')

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Definitely find out whether Kug is right on it being under the substrate, if not, wait til' nightfall and search the place with a blacklight (check first in all warm locations which may be near electronics, wall outlets, etc. and in dark areas which stay unlit when lights are on). If you are extremely concerned, if it is not in the enclosure, you can drop some crickets on the floor and the scorp, once it gets one or two, will stay put until done eating, which may assist in making it easier to find and faster, considering scorps move a lot more at night. Good luck!

adios,
edw. :D

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ehhhhhh, whatever you do, don't walk barefoot in the house...

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Their venom is like a 1 on a scale of 5 soo little less than a bee sting.But allergies is a different story.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Nemesis,
Dang! I hope you find it..:(
Peace,
Gillian

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not sure if that's true but H. Spinifer are supposed to have a venom that can cause bad optical problems to the one who's stung (not a dry sting)...

Anyone can say if that's really true or not? And why?

Hope you find him/her soon without any problem.. :(

Frank

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
From what I understand their venom is relatively weak as far as systemic effects go,but is quite painful...

John
];')

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
A bee sting in comparison is minimal.

Some scorp stings cause so much pain for many hours that people require morphine to bring the pain down to a manageable level.

John
];')

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice additional pics, John.

I'll just tell you what you already to know to be the ultimate remedy, FIND IT ASAP w/o being stung!!! *lol* Depending on whether the scorpion gives you the worst venom or not, will you or could you, ever have true systematic occurances. Naturally, some scorpion's venom is not made to hinder the mammal's immune system, especially when it is as complex as the human's. This is to include Heterometrus spiniferis, whose venom is designated to effect the insects and other arachnids which are it's usual meal in it's native environment. It can kill small mammals with ease, then again, you must remember that their immune system is nothing in comparison to the human's, whose will fight back rapidly.

adios,
edw. =D

My only adise, find the scorp as rapidly as you can. Make good use of the blacklight effects on the exoskeleton and the scorp's desires to be in a warm environment.

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I found IT!!

Hey I found it this morning under my shoe. she/he looked scared and i got him out asap back into her/his new container. she/he was thirsty so she/he drank alot of water! she's pry hungry to so i'm going to feed her/him. I'm so glad i got her back and thank you all who helped and hoped. my scrop is Heterometrus longimanus not Heterometrus spinifer. does any one have one of these?(like mine i mean)
great scorp with some attitued but somtimes it can be really nice
any who thanks ppl.

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
N/P

Many times, Heterometrus spiniferis and longimanus are confused with one another. It takes quite a bit of taxonomical knowledge to differentiate between the species. Most everyone who keeps and sells them will not know the difference between the two.

adios,
edw. :D