My rosie is such a wuss! :(

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
shes only eaten 2 crickets while she has been in my care. and i didn't even see it, for all i know, they could have escaped. She doesn't even seem the least bit interested in eating. She actually runs, from the pinheads. Any suggestions?

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How old / large is this little guy?

I have a 4" rosie - who is very finicky about eating.... Sometimes - it'll be right after I drop prey in, but sometimes - she just completely ignores it.

I normally just throw a few beetles / mealworms in there, and she'll walk around and dig them up at her leisure...

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well, shes about this long <--------->, not quite sure on age, a month or so i think. She just never wants to eat. Just humidity ever effect eating habits?

hk4989

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it's normal one~

i have one rosea,,, and she wasn't eat a mealworm until 4month! and now she eat like a pig :) so... don't worry about U'r kid

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Dean W
shes only eaten 2 crickets while she has been in my care. and i didn't even see it, for all i know, they could have escaped. She doesn't even seem the least bit interested in eating. She actually runs, from the pinheads. Any suggestions?
Mine has eaten 0 crickets. If I offer mine a cricket, she will run for the hills and try to escape (she almost made it a few times).

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My friend had once, kind of like yours, a little bigger. He put a medium sized cricket in and the funniest thing happen. The cricket ended up chasing the rosie around instead, she finally ran back into her burrow. My friend was shaking his head. Don't worry she'll get out of it I think, my friend's spider did. Give it some time. When she gets hungry she'll eat.....I hope....

I'm not help... lol ;P

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Remember, the strange and quirky rosea can and WILL go a year without eating! Finicky they are!!:D

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by MizM
Remember, the strange and quirky rosea can and WILL go a year without eating! Finicky they are!!:D
I got a relative name Rosea and she's doing exactly that....well..trying to do that.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Ya I wouldnt worry too much. Mine used to eat like a pig and she kinda got a little tubby but I still love her =) and now she doesnt eat... she still chases after the cricket when it walks on her webbing but she doesnt attack it or eat it. She is pretty interested in anything that comes in her tank now. Especially the screwdriver i use to poke the crickets with to make them move. She runs over and rears up at the screwdriver but never attacks it, she just likes to show it whos boss, its pretty funny. Rosies can be weird, mine didnt eat for awhile when i first got her but then as i said she ate like a pig. Give her some time and all should be well.

peace

TheDon

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I'm cracking up! The more I read about the "common, mundane" g. rosea, the more convinced I am that this is a FASCINATING species!!:D Remember I posted that my "Charmin" dipped her butt in water and wiped it on a leaf after a well aimed poo right over the water dish? I've never seen such behavior! Gotta love the "rosies!"