My rosea spiderlings first molt.

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Ok guys my less than an inch rosea spiderling just molted...I was wondering why it burrowed and completely closed itself into it ( I could see it as she/he made it against the side of the deli cup)..Anyway its weird now it looks like i got two spiderlings the skin facing upward on the substrait..I was wondering should i dig the skin out myself or should i just let it be she is still in there and i still dont see an opening where she can get out Im just gonna assume she/he will dig her way out when she/he is ready?..Or do I need to assist in anyway, like at least removing the molt?..My instinct is just to let nature take it course and leave it alone but this is my first T and I want to make sure I do the right thing...Any help/advice is appreciated...

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok guys my less than an inch rosea spiderling just molted...I was wondering why it burrowed and completely closed itself into it ( I could see it as she/he made it against the side of the deli cup)..Anyway its weird now it looks like i got two spiderlings the skin facing upward on the substrait..I was wondering should i dig the skin out myself or should i just let it be she is still in there and i still dont see an opening where she can get out Im just gonna assume she/he will dig her way out when she/he is ready?..Or do I need to assist in anyway, like at least removing the molt?..My instinct is just to let nature take it course and leave it alone but this is my first T and I want to make sure I do the right thing...Any help/advice is appreciated...
It burrowed and closed itself in because it doesn't want to be disturbed while molting. It knows it's vulnerable while molting and does this to protect itself and prevent something from getting in and killing it. It's natural for them to do this. Although it's normal for them to also molt right out in the open (many of mine has done this.) It will come out when it's ready and it needs time to heal. You should give it a week before you feed it and attempt to get the molt, although you don't have to remove the molt. Just make sure it is staying hydrated and you're good. Let nature take it's course.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't be surprised if your little one decides to stay underground for a while, even if it closes off the entrance tunnel. It knows what it's doing, and will dig itself out when it's ready. :)