My rose hair lucy died.

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
My rose hair lucy died and I don't know what she died of. However the pedicil area looks quite questionable. Any ideas? IMG_20160714_193209.jpg IMG_20160714_193232.jpg

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
How old?
I aint sen this before but looks llike it may be internal? Was it full curled?

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I'm sorry you lost her. Sorry to clog up thread with condolences instead of answers, but when I saw she had a name, Lucy -- I figured she must have been special. :(

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
Had her for about five years. She never molted in my care and was about 6 inches in leg span.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Had her for about five years. She never molted in my care and was about 6 inches in leg span.
That seems like. Lifespan. I had a Porteri at 11 years shes 5.5" and it moults once every 2 years.

5 year between moults is a good age.

Yet I am sorry for your loss :(

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
That seems like. Lifespan. I had a Porteri at 11 years shes 5.5" and it moults once every 2 years.

5 uear between moults is a good age.

Yet I am sorry for your loss :(
I've had my porteri for over 15 years, she's molted on a 5 year schedule the entire time. These ts can live a long long time, which is why I never go right to "lifespan"...possible certainly, as we have no idea on how old these WC specimens are...but it would not be a conclusion I would be inclined to jump to unless I had the t for a long time.

Sorry you lost her....was she acting normally prior? Do you have pics of the enclosure?

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
I've had my porteri for over 15 years, she's molted on a 5 year schedule the entire time. These ts can live a long long time, which is why I never go right to "lifespan"...possible certainly, as we have no idea on how old these WC specimens are...but it would not be a conclusion I would be inclined to jump to unless I had the t for a long time.

Sorry you lost her....was she acting normally prior? Do you have pics of the enclosure?
I don't have any pictures but will be sure to upload some latter today. She was also acting just fine Wednesday.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking

i know, they are on par with many Aphonopelma.

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon

It's more of the after math science the out side of the hide was under dirt. It was a simple cork bark hide cave. The substrate looks dry but it's just deconstructed from the retrieval of Lucy's remains.

Blade122888

Arachnopeon
Sorry for your loss! Its never easy to loose a loved companion, especially one you have cared for for so long!