my rose hair got lose!

culo

Arachnopeon
i found it under my couch, it was pretty close to the cage i was just scared to end up stepping on it or something, thanks guys,

i was just beeing sarcastic i wouldn't go as far as fogging my house, if anything it can eat my roaches lol

STOP!!!!!! Don't fog your house. Tarantulas are usually lazy, check in all of the dark spots and under any furniture within 12 feet of the enclosure (smaller if it is still a sling.) My rosy was the only T I kept that didn't have a locking cage and one night (after 5 years of keeping her in a slide top terrarium) she up and wondered off. My wife freaked but i reassured her that it was okay and that she didn't go far. Sure enough she was only about 10 feet away in a closet outside the T room of my house.:rolleyes: check close to the cage it is probably still close.

Last edited:

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i think you should not own tarantulas if that is your reaction to one being on the loose in your house, especially given that its a rosea and not something like an H. mac.

Dexter

Arachnopeon
My OBT got loose for 30 min once and I had this reaction. But it was an OBT. I was more concerned for the safety of my cats and dogs then anything. If my rosea got loose I think I would feel much safer. This T will likely not jump in your bed and bite you. I am pretty sure no one has ever been bit in there sleep by a rosea. I think you should stay calm and just wait to find it. If its big it cant go far before you spot it.

robbie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
STOP!!!!!! Don't fog your house. Tarantulas are usually lazy, check in all of the dark spots and under any furniture within 12 feet of the enclosure (smaller if it is still a sling.) My rosy was the only T I kept that didn't have a locking cage and one night (after 5 years of keeping her in a slide top terrarium) she up and wondered off. My wife freaked but i reassured her that it was okay and that she didn't go far. Sure enough she was only about 10 feet away in a closet outside the T room of my house.:rolleyes: check close to the cage it is probably still close.

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't panic!!! It's no big deal he/she will show up and you can prod the T onto your hand or a book and them put him/her back in the tank....my rosie gets out all the time cause i forget to put the lid back on.....she is my fav and my first T and is a sweetheart.....just don't fog the house!!!! Please!:embarrassed:

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
somehow i left the tank open and now it's gone, im so nervous of it climbing on my bed at night, im thinking of just fogging the house and staying at a hotel tonight :?. i don't know what to do!
So do you care for your tarantula? If you would fog your house because it's out, I would say not. What are you scared of? Check low, dark places and you will find it. Anywhere that it can hide is where you need to look. And you aren't going to get favorable responses if you come on a tarantula hobbyist website and say that you are going to fog your house just because your tarantula got out. I would say if you are afraid of a rosea and willing to fog your house just because it's out, then this might not be your hobby.

P.S. G. rosea is a new world species and even if it did bite you, it would be no worse than a bee sting.

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There's more a chance that you'll accidently step on it than it biting you. Look around close to the tank. They don't go very far.

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
I'm new to this hobby and have kids and dogs in my house and still would never fog my house for a loose T, especially a Rosea those Ts remind me of Eeyore from winnie the poo.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i found it. it wasn't even 10 feet from it's tank {D
Glad to hear you found it.. I was going to say burn the place to the ground.. Just so we know it dont escape.. {D Wouldnt want one of those evil little creatures running loose.. Would we? :eek:

culo

Arachnopeon
Glad to hear you found it.. I was going to say burn the place to the ground.. Just so we know it dont escape.. {D Wouldnt want one of those evil little creatures running loose.. Would we? :eek:
how do i become a supporter?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, we all know how evil the roseas that got loose in Canada were {D