my rose and ur help ; )

Tress

Arachnopeon
You were all right, the lose of appetite was not for me to worry about,but the beginning of her moult

she started this morning and it all complete now.
i am so pleased and very grateful for everyones advice.

just one more thing when should i feed her. i am going away on wednesday for two weeks and am concerned about letting someone else feed her when im not here to supervise!!!:confused:

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
how old/large is she? She will obviously need time to harden up, I hear the older they are the more time it will take, to even full growns sometimes taking a week...though I am not real sure, post up her size and someone may be able to give you a better estimate, also, when did she moult exactly? day and time of day

Tress

Arachnopeon
she was on her back at 7:00am, i came home at 5.30pm and she was done.

ihave noidea how old she is as i was only meant to be looking after her for a while,but i think she is a young adult.

she is about 3 inches at a guess.

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i would venture to say 2 days minimum should do it....just my opinion though...of course the T can go VERY long without eating, as long as there is water around for her.

But I would just leave some crickets when you leave if you are really worried, and you could crush their heads if you are really worried about your T's safety and wellbeing, but there maybe someone who has a different opinion.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
she may not eat that soon, mine don't. Some of mine at that size wait almost 2 weeks before resuming feeding. As long as she has plenty of water, she should be ok if you don't want someone else feeding her.
Otherwise, if you pre kill something, and leave it in there for 2 weeks and she doesn't eat it, it will have molded quite a bit by then.

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cool

Sure is a relief huh?

My first Tarantula was a Rosie and I was terrified when she stopped eating before her molt.

I dont really worry too much about that kind of stuff anymore now, but it sure is nice to have a website where you can ask questions to some of the other arachnofreaks in the hobby.

-Charlie