My Roaches

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Thanks! I mostly buy from local breeders and nobody seems to carry roaches other than for feeders. im going to make some orders online soon! :)
No problem, hope you can get some cool pet roaches soon! :)

This journal is awesome!
I didn't know that Corididarum nymphs looked just like the adult females!
Are Corididarium & Lanxoblatta roaches subterranean species? (Like dubias & Gyna) I've never really figured that out.
Thanks! :D
Corydidarum don't burrow, but they do seem to like boring into rotten logs. Lanxoblatta can only survive on vertically placed, smooth bark, they never touch substrate if they can help it.

Connectimyrmex

Arachnopeon
Thanks!
Lanxoblatta kind of seems like my type of insect...
Let me know if you ever have any extra nymphs, I'd love to buy one or trade for one :)

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Thanks!
Lanxoblatta kind of seems like my type of insect...
Let me know if you ever have any extra nymphs, I'd love to buy one or trade for one :)
Lanxoblatta are certainly unique, hopefully mine will breed for me. My adult female should have given birth by now, but hasn't, and I'm not sure why...
Will let you know if/when I have excess nymphs available! :)

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Simandoa conserfarium:
Nymphs

Anallacta methanoides:
Hatchling nymph!

Lanxoblatta rudis:
Nymphs

Hormetica apolinari:
Female nymph

Arenivaga sp. "Algodones Dunes":
Adult female

Compsodes schwarzi:
Adult female

Dorylaea orini:
Nymphs

Ischnoptera deropeltiformis "Ruby Red":
Hatchling nymphs! :D

Deropeltis sp. "Jinka":
Adult male

Eurycotis lixa:
Hatchling nymphs

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Never seen such an extensive cockroach collection. I think that the Therea olegrandjeani and Paranauphoeta discoidalis are pretty cool looking.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Never seen such an extensive cockroach collection. I think that the Therea olegrandjeani and Paranauphoeta discoidalis are pretty cool looking.
Yeah, it's a bit of an obsession at this point lol! :rofl: T.olegrandjeani and P.discoidalis are definitely some of the most attractive species in my collection for sure! :)

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
As some of you may know, I'm back in the hobby and keeping roaches again, so time to revitalize this thread with pics of my two new species! :D

Gyna capucina, the pink roach, a holy grail of Blatticulture:
Nymphs

Adult males

And a (particularly dark) adult female

Bantua sp. "Namibia", a new Perisphaerinae species to culture, mine is one of a handful of colonies in the world, hopefully they'll be well established in the hobby in time! :)

Nymphs (which have a waxy coating to them, like BDFBs)

Adult males

Recently matured adult females

Well fed, gravid, THICC female

Hopefully Spring will bring several new interesting species to my collection, we'll see! :D

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I hate that the like symbol now looks like the one on FB, but--

Gorgeous pictures and species! Glad to see everything seems to be doing well. Gyna capucina are so pretty.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I hate that the like symbol now looks like the one on FB, but--

Gorgeous pictures and species! Glad to see everything seems to be doing well. Gyna capucina are so pretty.
I hate everything about the new format, loads poorly on my tablet, everything looks so crowded... :/

Thanks, both species are doing well for me, the Gyna are very pretty indeed, so glad to be working with them! :D

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks! :D Oh believe me, I usually take a lot of photos before I get any good ones, many times it seems like they'll stay still and right when I click the button BAM, they take off. It's all about luck with the skittish species, you just gotta wait them out. Eventually they'll stop moving, you just gotta be patient. :)
Great roahes! I love them, so beutiful insects. I am very allergic to many roaches so i just keep red runners as feeders, but there are many i could consider keep like pets. I love Panchlora nivea because they smalls like fruits

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Great roahes! I love them, so beutiful insects. I am very allergic to many roaches so i just keep red runners as feeders, but there are many i could consider keep like pets. I love Panchlora nivea because they smalls like fruits
Thanks! 😁 I'm allergic to roaches as well, the larger species are really the only ones that give me any reaction though, so if you stick to medium/small roach species, especially ones that are slow breeding and not very prolific, you should get little to no allergic reactions from keeping them. :) Panchlora are very nice, a beautiful genus for sure!

davehuth

Arachnoknight
I've been really enjoying following the success you've been having with your Bantua colony. These sausage-looking critters should be more popular in the hobby!