My rare piranhas

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Nice, this brings back memories. I raised 6 Red Bellys from 1/4" fry to 10" back in the late 70's to early eighties. Put them in a 100 gallon at about 3" along with an Exodon paradoxsus (sp) Bucktooth tetra. He beat the shit out of those guys and had run of the tank while they coward in the corner. When the got to be 10" and he was 6-7" they still could not catch him. Sadly he died by jumping out of the tank probably while being chased. they used to plow through 200 goldfish a week at 8-10"

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Boy, I haven't seen one in decades! I had friends who had them growing up. Oscars too.
They are so incredibly cool and will keep you on your toes during feeding.

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
Nice, this brings back memories. I raised 6 Red Bellys from 1/4" fry to 10" back in the late 70's to early eighties. Put them in a 100 gallon at about 3" along with an Exodon paradoxsus (sp) Bucktooth tetra. He beat the shit out of those guys and had run of the tank while they coward in the corner. When the got to be 10" and he was 6-7" they still could not catch him. Sadly he died by jumping out of the tank probably while being chased. they used to plow through 200 goldfish a week at 8-10"
Paradoxsus tetras are soo cool, mean little fish scale eating fish, rare to see in the tropical fish hobby, at least they were 10 or so years ago.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Piranhas are probably my favorite freshwater fish. I love the way they sparkle.
Oh wait! I forgot about arapaima! They're so cool! Gah. I can't choose!