My Pystalla horrida

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Just got 6 L1 nymphs yesterday from @Lucanus95, very excited to have these awesome assassins I'm my collection, here's hoping they'll do well for me! :D

Here are some pictures of them:

And their current enclosure:

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just got a text from your Pystalla, they want some Periplaneta roommates.

Some substrate Maybe useful for them for moisture and humidity retention.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I just got a text from your Pystalla, they want some Periplaneta roommates.

Some substrate Maybe useful for them for moisture and humidity retention.
Haha they don't even like going after Parcoblatta nymphs, and they can't climb, so Periplaneta probably wouldn't make the best "roommates" for them! :D

Nah, they get all the moisture they need from their food, and are actually pretty sensitive to high humidity levels. Plus, substrate just makes it harder for them to find food. The guy I got them from doesn't use substrate for his, and he's been very successful with them. :)

Usually I'm all for using substrate in every enclosure, even with species that don't need it, but in this case the pros of not using substrate significantly outweigh the cons, so I won't be using any for the nymphs, (pretty sure the adults will need substrate to oviposit in though).

So interested. How much do they cost? Care info?
Usually individuals go for $20+, but @Lucanus95 was selling L1 nymphs for $15 each, needless to say, he sold out pretty fast.

Keep them dry, but provide adults with some moist areas to oviposit, feed once a week or so, they can be kept communally but don't overcrowd them, etc., basically the same care as Platymeris really, but are apparently less cannibalistic and run into more molting issues from what I've heard.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
When they mature and start laying eggs, don't move the eggs to a separate hatching container to keep them moist. My Platymeris females have laid around 200 eggs but only around 20 hatched successfully due to mold problems. Put the eggs in a dish of coco fiber in the adult's enclosure and moisten them every day or so making sure they get a chance to dry out completely.

basin79

ArachnoGod
They get better looking with each moult. The adults are absolutely astounding.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
When they mature and start laying eggs, don't move the eggs to a separate hatching container to keep them moist. My Platymeris females have laid around 200 eggs but only around 20 hatched successfully due to mold problems. Put the eggs in a dish of coco fiber in the adult's enclosure and moisten them every day or so making sure they get a chance to dry out completely.
That's likely what I'll do, or just give the adults a whole layer of substrate at the bottom of the enclosure with a moist corner, as their prey will be quite large, so they won't have much trouble finding them, if they are hungry. :)

They get better looking with each moult. The adults are absolutely astounding.
I know, I've seen your videos, can't wait to see mine grow up! :D

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
That's likely what I'll do, or just give the adults a whole layer of substrate at the bottom of the enclosure with a moist corner, as their prey will be quite large, so they won't have much trouble finding them, if they are hungry. :)
Oh, and don't leave intact live prey with an enclosure that has eggs. I'm 90% sure roaches eat them. I always carefully pinch one mandible off of dubias before giving them to my Platymeris adults so they can't bite into the eggs.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Oh, and don't leave intact live prey with an enclosure that has eggs. I'm 90% sure roaches eat them. I always carefully pinch one mandible off of dubias before giving them to my Platymeris adults so they can't bite into the eggs.
Good to know, will be careful about that!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Impressive little guys. Do they bite humans?
Only if grabbed or handled roughly, otherwise they are supposed to be pretty docile, and can be held without them biting. :) The bite from these is apparently VERY painful though, not life threatening thankfully, but really painful.