My predicament with substrate.

LiamG

Arachnopeon
I recently put my tarantula in a new enclosure but i didn't have the money at the time to get enough coco fiber to full it up for her. ( she is a Curly Hair ) Now she stated digging in the little substrate she has. I now have the funds to get her new coco but I don't want to take her out when i put it in because im scared she won't start digging again. Am i just stupid and overreacting?

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Kinda stupid for not waiting until you could get enough coco fiber tbh - I wouldn't have used that word but you did, so yeah. Just take her out, add the sub, and put her back in. You'll be stressing her out again but that's your own fault for not waiting. She'll dig when she's readjusted.

xXTristinaXx

Arachnobaron
Mine doesn't even borough but yeah still definitely add substrate, it'll be fine if stops burrowing because like I said some don't even. It usually just sits in hide or in the open

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Take her out a d Put the new substrate in to the correct level. She’s going to have to resettle in for a bit and she may or may not dig again right away, it will decided accordingly.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I recently put my tarantula in a new enclosure but i didn't have the money at the time to get enough coco fiber to full it up for her. ( she is a Curly Hair ) Now she stated digging in the little substrate she has. I now have the funds to get her new coco but I don't want to take her out when i put it in because im scared she won't start digging again. Am i just stupid and overreacting?
Yes