My Pinktoe passed on.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well my sick little Pinktoe succumb this morning.
After 4 months of trying everything I could think of, well it wasn't enough.
I posted many times about its problems. The fact it woundn't eat, except if I put it in a ICU deli cup. It would never make any web what so ever. Poor little guy!
He had a nice enclosure. I guess he was just too far gone when I bought him.
It was a Petco spider. You see these little guys, and their care is poor at best. So you buy them, cause you feel sorry for them.
I guess all you can do is try.
I really was fond of this T. I wish I could have saved him or her.

Ernie

Attachments

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
noooooooo!!!!!!

That really suck MrT!! My avic died as you know a few days ago! It is a helpless little fellow! My condolences to your little guy! Hope you feel better!

James

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
awwwwwww... I am so sorry!!!!! I have had this happen many times and it does hurt bad.. :( again I am very VERY sorry! Was the poor baby like that the whole time you had him/her? I wonder what was wrong :(

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ernie, sorry to here about the pinktoe.You did your best and sometimes it dosent work out.
Chid

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't want to offend but did you scan your dead spider?

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry Mr. T about your loss. We also lost one today. The M.Peterklassi we got earlier in the week died. And I have to tell you that I really liked her. She was a pretty little sling. A couple of months ago our first pinktoe died. Her name was Pinkie, and was one of our very first. We have 10 more, but that doesn't take the place of her. Pam

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by JDK
I don't want to offend but did you scan your dead spider?
No offence taken,
Yes I took that pic while it was starting to curl, it still had a little life in it. I tryed to revive it by shooting some water into its mouth. It didn't help. Thats why it looks wet. It was on a wash cloth, that why its legs arn't curled.

Raveness,
I knew it was feeling poorly a day or so after I got it home.
Petco wont take back a sick spider. It has to die within 15 days of buying it, then they'll refund your money.
And had they taken it back, it wouldn't have lasted as long as it did. By the way, I never tryed to take it back. I knew it had a better chance with me.

Thanks guys,

Ernie

Last edited:

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry

Sorry for your bad happening with the versicolor.
You did what you could.

IMHO I think that any versicolor and a petstore is a bad combination.

Kenny

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Re: Sorry

Originally posted by Kenny
Sorry for your bad happening with the versicolor.
You did what you could.

IMHO I think that any versicolor and a petstore is a bad combination.

Kenny
its an A.avicularia! I think? what avic ernie? Thanks,

James

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
versicolor

A.Avic???

Oh no it's a versicolor:)

I have an A.Avic at 1 inch and that one is orange with tigerstriped legs and tiger colored abdomen.
I have 2 versicolors myself, one pushing 3inches + and the other one is 1 1/2+ inch and my 3 inch is about to loose it's bluish colors on the abdomen.

Last edited:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: Re: Sorry

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
its an A.avicularia! I think? what avic ernie? Thanks,

James
Your right James,
A. avicularia

Thanks Kenny,
Your right about pet stores, at least most of them..

Ernie

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A.avic?

That's an a.avic??? a s'ling???:confused:

I got my A.avic from Swifty last year in July and that one was 1/2 inch when I got it and it has gone through about 5 - 6 molts and has never IMHO looked like the one you have in pic here.

Last edited:

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh, I thought your put the body in a Xerox.

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
forgot.

My A.Avic has never had a blue tint to it.
Not in s'ling age so far.
Did the store sell it like an A.Avic??

Kenny

Last edited:

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sorry 'bout the spider. Though I will say the Petco by me is a lot nicer to their Ts. The only thing I've seen wrong is not giving them a hide.

I was traumatized when my first T died...I was visiting my mom and the kitty killed her while I was gone. Found her poor carcass on the steps in pieces...to this day I still don't tread on those 3 steps :(

N.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Ernie,
Always, in rescue cases, it hurts worse when they go. I have had several species of animals, both big and small, that were rescue cases. Most made it. However, those few that didn't make all the successes feel like empty joy. I'm sorry Ernie...At the very least, find comfort in the fact that you gave her 4 months of life she most likely would have never had.
Gillian