My Pink-toed Lies to Put the Food Bolus in the Water Dish....

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I fed my new A. avicularia 3 crickets already since I got it and twice after she is done eating she threw the food bolus into the water dish. I don't know why it is doing this. IT's kindda strange. My other one does it, also, from time to time. IT's a pain because I have to keep changing the water. Why do they do this? I'm curious....

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Quite simply, they do it because they want to. Different T's do different things. My biggest G. rosea always sticks her bottom right up against the aquarium when she has to poo and smears it all over the glass. So I have to wipe down the sides of her tank every few days. She sits on her tunnel while I do it and I swear, is laughing at me.
My 2 female avics, 1 A. purpurea, 1 A. avic, have poo shooting contests, I swear they do!!! They manage to spray poo all over the front of their homes. I clean it all, go back the next day, and it looks as if I never cleaned it at all.
It is part of keeping T's. Learn to love it.

Needles666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My P. Pulcher likes to place them on the right hand side next to the water dish, but my A. Metallica just drops it below itself, I love how unique they are.

I also have a boa that likes to crap in it's water bowl, you could have to deal with that {D