My pink toe is missing a leg

Zweck

Arachnopeon
I just got a pink toe tarantula last night, it's my first tarantula and I realized today that it seems to have something wrong with its leg. What do I do? It looks like something is sticking out of it and I'm not sure what it could be.. It almost looks like a twig but I don't see how that could of happened... and it's not even an adult yet. It's the back right leg

Attachments

Bread

Arachnopeon
It probably lost a leg at some point previously and has partly regrown it during the last molt, I'd suspect it'll be full size after it's next molt

Zweck

Arachnopeon
It probably lost a leg at some point previously and has partly regrown it during the last molt, I'd suspect it'll be full size after it's next molt
Oh alright, thank you!

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I just got a pink toe tarantula last night, it's my first tarantula and I realized today that it seems to have something wrong with its leg. What do I do? It looks like something is sticking out of it and I'm not sure what it could be.. It almost looks like a twig but I don't see how that could of happened... and it's not even an adult yet. It's the back right leg
It appears to have swollen pedipalps, looks like a MM. How big is it and can you get a close up of the palps?
If its a MM it will not molt again.

Zweck

Arachnopeon
It appears to have swollen pedipalps, looks like a MM. How big is it and can you get a close up of the palps?
I'll have to take some pictures here in a few for you but will it still be okay if it doesn't molt again? And it's still young and small probably about 3 to 4 inches maybe less

Zweck

Arachnopeon
And what if it has swollen pedipalps? What would I do? Will it be okay?

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
'Swollen pedipalps' or bulbous pedipalps, are something only a male Tarantula has. It is a sign that it is mature, and will not molt again. MM males have thus a limited lifespan.

The T will use the palps to store his sperm before heading off to find a female.

That being said in the above pics, the palps look quite "normal"

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
If his pedipalps are bulbous, this would mean he is mature. A mature male will not molt again, and does not live long after maturing.
Yes, he will be okay, for as long as he's got left.
Mature Males' (MM) only goal is to breed, and whether or not succesful, deteriorate after that. Females live much longer than males.

Did you buy it as a male? I really hope you didn't pay too much for it. Can you post a picture of the enclosure and set up as well? Where did you buy it?

Zweck

Arachnopeon
If his pedipalps are bulbous, this would mean he is mature. A mature male will not molt again, and does not live long after maturing.
Yes, he will be okay, for as long as he's got left.
Mature Males' (MM) only goal is to breed, and whether or not succesful, deteriorate after that. Females live much longer than males.

Did you buy it as a male? I really hope you didn't pay too much for it. Can you post a picture of the enclosure and set up as well? Where did you buy it?
Oh I see and I got it from

Zweck

Arachnopeon
Oh I see and I got it from
My sister bought it for me from a place called "uncle bills pet center" and the guy said he thinks it's a female but idk how to tell if it is or not and I have a 10 gallon tank with a water dish and hide out. I'm getting some branches and stuff for him/her to climb on tomorrow along with a heating pad to place on the right side of the back wall. I have about two inches of coconut substrate as the flooring along with some stuff they gave me to mix with it to help keep humidity

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
My sister bought it for me from a place called "uncle bills pet center" and the guy said he thinks it's a female but idk how to tell if it is or not and I have a 10 gallon tank with a water dish and hide out. I'm getting some branches and stuff for him/her to climb on tomorrow along with a heating pad to place on the right side of the back wall. I have about two inches of coconut substrate as the flooring along with some stuff they gave me to mix with it to help keep humidity
Oh dear. Petshop advice...not good.
Please read and study the link I sent you. Throw away petshop/caresheet advice, they kill Avicularia. I'm not kidding.

Zweck

Arachnopeon
Oh dear. Petshop advice...not good.
Please read and study the link I sent you. Throw away petshop/caresheet advice, they kill Avicularia. I'm not kidding.
Oh damn I'm really scared, I don't want to end up killing him/her I'll feel terrible... Can I get branches from my park? It has a trail that I can go pick some up. Would that be safe?

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had an adult male pokie that looked exactly the same in his last molt.

If you use any branches from a "park" you have to make sure they are pesticide free. I would also bake it in the oven at about 200 for an hour or so to kill any bugs that may be in/on the wood.

Zweck

Arachnopeon
I had an adult male pokie that looked exactly the same in his last molt.

If you use any branches from a "park" you have to make sure they are pesticide free. I would also bake it in the oven at about 200 for an hour or so to kill any bugs that may be in/on the wood.
Alright thank you and How is your T doing?