My phormictopus

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
So it is only a juvenile then?
Yeah, they both are. The female is one molt ahead of the male. They do have a bluish sheen James. They are terrestrials from the Dominican Republic.
Mike

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beauties! You don't see a ton of those guys around anymore. May I ask where you got yours? I have seen a HUGE adult female of those once. They're not as brilliant in color as the males, but she sure made up for it in size. She had to be a 9"er easily...probably 10" wouldn't be an exaggeration.

How's their attitude? Stereo-typical Haitian Brown psychosis?

Atrax

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
Beauties! You don't see a ton of those guys around anymore. May I ask where you got yours? I have seen a HUGE adult female of those once. They're not as brilliant in color as the males, but she sure made up for it in size. She had to be a 9"er easily...probably 10" wouldn't be an exaggeration.

How's their attitude? Stereo-typical Haitian Brown psychosis?

Atrax
I actually got these from straight from DR when I was there over the summer. They are very common there. I found at least 30 slings and several mature males when I was out looking for inverts and reptiles. They have the typical attitude, but only when you disturb them. normally they run and hide if disturbed. Here is a male I found at a neighbor's house. He was not aggressive at all. I released him in a nearby field. Lucky him, everyone in that neighborhood knew I liked tarantulas. Normally they would have just killed him. The cup in the picture is 12 0z (for scale).