My phasmids

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
I'll be posting my phasmid related pictures here:)

Trachyaretaon sp. Negros
2 females and a male

Mearnsiana bullosa
Adult pair

Extatosoma tiaratum

Heteropteryx dilatata

L6 female

L5 male

Day and night colors

Antennae are on point ;)

jerremaniac

Arachnopeon
On point antennae for sure! It's the phasmid version of a diamond studded tiara ;) Beautiful collection!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Gorgeous lady! Such gentle creatures. Except for raspberry leaves...they can eat a LOT:p

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Trachyaretaon sp. Negros
Finally observed mating :D

After the male got a bit confused of course (and tried to do it with a H. dilatata nymph)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
H.dilatata female: What the hell are you doing on my back?? Get off me you pervert!
T.sp Negros: whoopsie..my bad, sorry Ma'am

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Haaniella grayii
Adult female

She's full of ova

The male didn't want to go out for a photoshoot tho :/ (he's quite mean!)

Heteropteryx dilatata and Mearnsiana bullosa
Green females hanging out together :p

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Unidentified ABC sp. ''Nui Chua''

Their temporary enclosure

My enclosure for most species atm(1m x 50cm x 35cm), currently working on some new ones (at least to keep the yellow H. dilatata seperate from the green ones)

Last edited:

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Are those phasmids easy to breed (i am referring to the ones that aren't partheogenic)? They seem easier to breed than mantids

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Are those phasmids easy to breed (i am referring to the ones that aren't partheogenic)? They seem easier to breed than mantids
They are way easier to breed/keep than mantids in my opinion (since you can keep them together). I change their leavesweekly and spray some of the species daily.

As for breeding. I just keep them together and they breed when they are ready. The only ones that seem to have problems with breeding are Trachyareaton sp. Negros as the males try to do anything but their females (found him on Heteropteryx male and female nymphs). I have males of all the species i keep (but Phyllium giganteum).

Some species with extremely short-lived males (like Phyllium bicolatum) might be hard to breed as the males might die before the females mature, but the females are parthenogenic anyways.