My Pets (photos)

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I see a lot of other people doing this, so I thought I'd share :)

What follows are pictures of all my personal inverts and other pets. These photos were taken with three different cameras (two belonging to JakeRocks), so the quality will vary ;) I hope everyone can get some form of enjoyment out of these. I'll add more spiders as I get more.

First up, my favorite tarantula. Her name is Gion, and she's a T. blondi. I've had her since she was under 2". She's now full grown (10.5") and gravid from a breeding with spiderman2's male. I can't wait to see her little babies! :D

-Bryan

Last edited:

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Next up: a baby A. versicolor. My male produced ~70 in a breeding with one of Todd Gearheart's females. I only kept three for my personal collection, and they're all adorable! :D

This is my favorite tarantula species, by the way.

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
This is my wee B. albopilosum who's still a first instar. I got it from Jake, who just bred them. This is such an awesome species!

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
This is my baby B. boehmi I got from Todd Gearheart. It's around 4th instar, I think. I love how you can already start to see a hint of the colors to come :)

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
My beautiful B. smithi female, Edana. She's been in my collection for a few years now (bought her from Todd Gearheart). She's such a docile thing, and certainly the favorite of most of my friends.

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
One of my personal favorites, my female C. cyanpubescens, Quirk. I got her from Todd Gearheart last year (noticing a trend here?). She's a little spaz that loves to escape when I'm feeding her, but she's too pretty for me to ever hold it against her!

-Bryan

Last edited:

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
This is my new C. faciatum I got at F.I.R.E. over the weekend. It's fattened up, now, but I still haven't had a chance to sex it. Truly a beautiful spider.

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
One of the jewels of my collection: My E. murinus female: Grim. I got her from a pet shop, here in town (to my great surprise!). This is my idea of true beauty in the tarantula world. I could stare at the paterns on her for hours (and have!).

Oddly enough, she insanely docile. I don't understand it.

-Bryan

Last edited:

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
This is the most frustrating spider in my collection. Her name is Kieran. She's a female G. pulchra. She's 2" long... AND TWO YEARS OLD! :eek: This is probably the slowest growing spider I've ever seen! :)

Still, she's a sweetheart.

I got her from Glade's Herp two years ago for only $5! Talk about a bargain.

-Bryan

Last edited:

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
What collection is complete without a G. rosea? This is a female I rescued from a pet shop whom I later bred with a male from another pet shop (she's gravid now). Her name is Medusa, for any curious.

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Another of my favorites, my female N. chromatus, Nightcrawler. This girl has some true personality!! Whether it's teleporting (she doesn't move, she teleports) to pounce on food or me misting her, or throwing up huge threat displays, she's always doing something.

I got her from Todd Gearheart about a month before Quirk. She's not even a year old, and she's already 4" long!

-Bryan

Last edited:

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
One of my other new ones from the F.I.R.E. show (bought from Inland Sea Reptiles). This is my new P. cancerides. I can't say much about her, yet, but she does have some attitude.

-Bryan

Last edited:

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Another one of my neat new additions. This is my new solifugid, Critter. I don't know much about Critter, except to stay away from those jaws. YIKES!

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
They don't come any cuter. This is my rat (half dumbo, half hairless), Evil. You can call her Eve, though.

-Bryan

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bryan,
Please keep 'em coming...WOW what an absolutely awesome collection! All your Ts look absolutely fabulous!

---
Wendy
---

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Bryan, You have some very cool Ts. I just ordered a C fasciatum and a Psalmopoeus cambridgei today.

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Awesome collection Bryan, nice pictures and some good looking T's.
Mike

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for posting the great pics. :D

Whats up with that G.Rosea? A post molt pic?