My pet emperor scorpion swollen chelicera.

coekay420

Arachnopeon
I have a emperor scorpion and he hasn't been wanting to eat in about a week I thought he was molting. That was until today when I checked on him he has the big orange blister looking spot behind his pincer and it looks like the chelicera has been broken or pull out of place. Any help or ideas of what is happening please let me know. received_1423112708433219.jpeg

Attachments

Taffy

Arachnoknight
I have a emperor scorpion and he hasn't been wanting to eat in about a week I thought he was molting. That was until today when I checked on him he has the big orange blister looking spot behind his pincer and it looks like the chelicera has been broken or pull out of place. Any help or ideas of what is happening please let me know. View attachment 437767
oh wow. i have never seen this.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I have a emperor scorpion and he hasn't been wanting to eat in about a week I thought he was molting. That was until today when I checked on him he has the big orange blister looking spot behind his pincer and it looks like the chelicera has been broken or pull out of place. Any help or ideas of what is happening please let me know. View attachment 437767
Looks like it's been extended and not gone back in place.

The only thing I can suggest is to turn off any heating unit the scorpion has slowed right down and see if you can ease it back into place with a cotton swab.

It could go back on its own, but maybe not.

vjkk

Arachnopeon
Hi OP, how did it go? Did you ease it back in place with a swab? How the scorpion now?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Now that is freaky. Looks like that chelicera got moved so far to the right that it’s not UNDER his carapace and sticking out behind his arm. What the fudge, I didn’t even know they could move that way.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That looks like a very old scorpion. Look how worn its carapace is. I'm guessing its wild-caught. I can't offer any help, other than to say it may stem from something that happened in the wild.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I was drunk when I originally replied to this post, and I still am, but yeah I overlooked the substrate thing. There is no situation where if you have an ASF or an emp, the dirt should EVER get that dry. That stuff looks bone dry.

Why do we have to, again and again, tell people to pour water into the substrate to moisten it? This is basic care for them. These things can survive underwater for extended (edit: extended meaning like 1-2 hours) periods of time.

SATURATE YOUR SUBSTRATE, people. Also its not surprising he only made 1 post. Alot of the time, people post here with grievous errors, and when they get feedback, they don't like it and they never post again. Really honestly pathetic.

Last edited: