My personal holy grails

andrewctonus

Arachnopeon
Felt like sharing some pictures of my young pair of Leiurus jordanensis. Hope to breed these guys in the future
Male:
IMG_0115.JPG IMG_0122.JPG LJ1.jpg LJ3.jpg
Female:
IMG_0116.JPG LJ2.jpg LJ4.jpg

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
They're starting to pop up more and more now, awesome pair man.

I use the same fake plants for some of my setups lol

andrewctonus

Arachnopeon
I decided to use some in their enclosures to add more of a natural feel and they're starting to grow on me. Personally I prefer live planted enclosures over the fake plants but this is much more manageable

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
They're starting to pop up more and more now, awesome pair man.
Indeed they are lol

@brancsikia339
Nice pics that female looks like she's about to burst lol
I just snagged a male and a pair of females myself
They were my "Holy Grail" too
It's nice to see them becoming more available in the hobby here in the states finally
Good Luck with them :)

andrewctonus

Arachnopeon
I know she's huge! I hope she molts soon. She's eaten two dubia since I got her two weeks ago and refused a third as of yesterday so I'm hoping lol

Stugy

Arachnolord
lmao i saw those pictures and recognized them and checked my instagram and sure enough, that is you Andrew lol I wish I could have such a species but I have my own holy grail ;) Good luck breeding them!

andrewctonus

Arachnopeon
lmao i saw those pictures and recognized them and checked my instagram and sure enough, that is you Andrew lol I wish I could have such a species but I have my own holy grail ;) Good luck breeding them!
Yes that's me lol. May I ask what's your holy grail species?

andrewctonus

Arachnopeon
How dead are you if you get stung?
Well considering the only two Leiurus species that have had their venoms examined (abdullahbayrami and quinquestriatus) are #1 and #2 on the LD50 list of most venomous scorpions (0.19 mg/kg and 0.25 mg/kg, respectively) I hope to never find out

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
Personally, I think getting a Brazilian white knee would be awesome. They are great eaters and quite striking.

I have zero desire to handle inverts, which makes life easier. I've found that plastic cups and soft paint brushes work just fine.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Yes that's me lol. May I ask what's your holy grail species?
I have a few actually. Androctonus crassicauda, Microtityus species, and the uncommon Leiurus species such as nasheri (if it still exists I'm not sure. Didn't it get changed to another species?) and macroctenus hahah.

andrewctonus

Arachnopeon
I have a few actually. Androctonus crassicauda, Microtityus species, and the uncommon Leiurus species such as nasheri (if it still exists I'm not sure. Didn't it get changed to another species?) and macroctenus hahah.
Been trying to get my hands on mauretanicus and crassicauda for a while. I'm pretty sure nasheri is still valid, I heard them and macroctenus made their way into the hobby. I didn't know microtityus was in though, those are amazing

Stugy

Arachnolord
Been trying to get my hands on mauretanicus and crassicauda for a while. I'm pretty sure nasheri is still valid, I heard them and macroctenus made their way into the hobby. I didn't know microtityus was in though, those are amazing
Microtityus is nonexistent in the U.S. hobby it seems.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Yes leiurus nasheri still exists (as i have 5 sub-adults) but im not sure its name is still valid. It is a subspecies of L brachycentrus but appears to be a pallid form of them as mine are very pale
Awesome species for sure !