my Pandinus Imperator wont eat

ThatBugGuy

Arachnosquire
i got her on the 18th so its been five days now. she wont accept the roaches i offer. is this normal for them? i got her from a pet co and they had her on crickets when i got her she was pretty fat so could that be why she isnt eating? i need help with this because i really want her to be healthy and this is my first scorpion. so please tell me some of your guys experiences with this species and if this if normal of if i should try something else.

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
It's not unusual for them to fast , I only even offer food once a week. And they dont always take it. Nothing to worry about

ThatBugGuy

Arachnosquire
Just out of curiosity, what is your set up?
the hide is a broken flower pot in the corner and i have a small waterdish adjacent to the hide and a piece of bark for it to walk on, i also used some of the broken pot shards to lay on the ground to add texture to the enclosure like the bark, im using whatever soil i had available but i am going to switch it to a pure organic soil today, thats about it, it is in a decent size sterlite container with vent holes on the sides and top of the enclosure.

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
the hide is a broken flower pot in the corner and i have a small waterdish adjacent to the hide and a piece of bark for it to walk on, i also used some of the broken pot shards to lay on the ground to add texture to the enclosure like the bark, im using whatever soil i had available but i am going to switch it to a pure organic soil today, thats about it, it is in a decent size sterlite container with vent holes on the sides and top of the enclosure.
They like a fair amount of humidity as well as warm temps.

ThatBugGuy

Arachnosquire
They like a fair amount of humidity as well as warm temps.
so ive herd i keep the soil moist and enclosure warm and even though im not allowed to keep my inverts in the house i brought it inside and hide her in the closet cause its warmer in the house lol

ignithium

Arachnoknight
as in general rule if u offering food and it doesnt take it dont worry If animal is hungry it will eating. Just keeping offer food and remove if it doesnt eating it. If animal is appearing healthy and fat u dont need to worry just make sure temperature is warm enough

ThatBugGuy

Arachnosquire
as in general rule if u offering food and it doesnt take it dont worry If animal is hungry it will eating. Just keeping offer food and remove if it doesnt eating it. If animal is appearing healthy and fat u dont need to worry just make sure temperature is warm enough
thanks

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
unlike other animals scorpions don't need to eat every day. They can go for months without eating. A newly acquired scorpion needs time to adjust to its enclosure so it could take up to 2 (or more) weeks before it accepts food. If you're hearing of people feeding them multiple times a week, that could be due to their scorps being babies/juveniles - they eat more often. Sometimes lack of heat in an enclosure will slow down its metabolism so its responses are almost dormant-like. But upping humidity and temp should get an AFS active again.