my P. rufilata died

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I dropped my little rufilata in its container at the reptile show this past saturday. I took him with me to see if someone could sex him, and when I started to leave, his container fell off the top of my stack of critters and landed on a very hard concrete floor:( I thought he would be okay, because he perked up a little that afternoon. I gave him a couple crickets yesterday afternoon and after I got back from class this morning, I found him on his back in the container with legs just twitching....no other movement. He just molted two weeks ago, so I know that couldn't have been what he was doing. The twitching just stopped, and now I get no response at all from the little guy.:( He was so pretty too.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That I am sorry to hear about. I think it's hardest when we do have some way to blame ourselves, which unfortunately with creatures this fragile will happen to everyone sooner or later.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't know...I think the crickets I put in there got him...he had a small wound on his underside. A large one for such a small critter.

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:( :( :( Sorry for your loss Pategirl, I wish it could have lived longer,we could all use more Pokies!

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hate to hear this....

Sorry didn't see your e-mail until it was too late but I doubt anything could have been done. I was concerned for it ever since seeing it take that fall. Anyway I truly hate it for you as they are an awesome species.

Phil

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about your loss

Not to be rude but I always see people walking around at Reptile shows with stacks of containers and I just know they are gonna fall. They are not even careful or anything, I guess you just get comfortable after a while. I'm sure you are very careful, pategirl, I'm just talking about the people I see. I am yet to lose a T but I guess I'm still only a beginner at this hobby. I only have 6 spiders (soon to be 7, right Flannery;) )

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
RIP

Sorry for your loss. :8o I dropped my A. chalcodes last week and it scared the s**t out of me - it feel off the side of it's keeper, bounced on the table, and fell on carpet. Learn from this if you feel at fault, but most importantly, remember the fun you had with your little guy.

Sincerely,

D-Man