My P. Regius sling isn't moving very much!

SalticusScenicusStar

Arachnoknight
My Phidippus Regius sling is has just molted and entered instar 3. However, it is lacking activity and sitting in the corner of its enclosure. Her legs are crumpled, but when I poked her, she moved perfectly fine. Is something wrong?

magouilles

Arachnoknight
after a molt sometimes their legs will look crumpled from what I've noticed
pictures of the setup would help to see if there's smth wrong, most importantly good ventilation and a water source

gorybmovie

Arachnosquire
My Phidippus Regius sling is has just molted and entered instar 3. However, it is lacking activity and sitting in the corner of its enclosure. Her legs are crumpled, but when I poked her, she moved perfectly fine. Is something wrong?
Jumping spiders need a few days for their new skin to harden after a molt. Give it some space and don't poke at it. Stress can kill your spider after a molt. My P. Audax just molted yesterday. I finally got her to eat by offering her a mealworm cut in half. It made the mealworm less intimidating and the spider was attracted to the exposed innards. Hope that helps.

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
Don’t quite know what you mean by crumpled. Do you mean curled inwards? They take a position like that sometimes while they are hardening:

Note the creator of this video mentioned that the spider was molting out of the nest on its own, and was not forcefully removed.
:)

Last edited: