My P.Regalis sling fell and im worried

RoosterG

Arachnopeon
He fell about 3 feet, im worrried for the little guy..i see no leakage from his abdomen and hes still pretty fast..not as fast as he first was..hes no bigger than a quarter. Also..he hasnt eaten since yesterday morning since i got him and i cnt tell if hes pre molt..not sure if thats good news or bad..can anyone shed some light for me..:(

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Different species of tarantulas can go days, weeks, months, or even up to and more than a year without eating and be just fine. They have incredibly slow metabolisms which allows them to do this.

If you sling is only the size of a quarter, and he appears to be okay, and is moving good, I wouldn't worry about it. If this was a larger tarantula.. you might of ended in some trouble.

RoosterG

Arachnopeon
thxz

I was worried..i jus checked on him though..and he seems like he disappeared but im guessing he burrowed or something..

web eviction

Arachnolord
As long as its booty wasn't to fat it should be fine of P. Irminia sling has ran across the floor up the wall and backflip about 6 feet to the kitchen floor and was fine it was during the rehousing all my fault I am much more cautious now

RoosterG

Arachnopeon
As long as its booty wasn't to fat it should be fine of P. Irminia sling has ran across the floor up the wall and backflip about 6 feet to the kitchen floor and was fine it was during the rehousing all my fault I am much more cautious now
Lol what a heart attack that must have been for you..they're such speed demons..im gonna be much more cautious now as well..im glad hes looking ok..

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pokies can take falls better than other species because of their arboreal nature.

Additionally if its abdomen isn't too large then you really don't have much to worry about because

a) You said it's not ruptured
b) It has very little weight so a fall from that height probably wouldn't harm it too much.

Just wait till the little bugger is 6" like mine then you wont be worried so much about it falling as it running and trying to catch it lol{D

web eviction

Arachnolord
It was scary... glad Ur little one is lookin ok, my Regalis is about six inches thinking about finding her a boyfriend :D

RoosterG

Arachnopeon
:D Yea at 6" they must be really fast huh..i know my little guy is a speed demon..i got keep my eyes wide open when i go in his enclosure, bc hes likely to dart out in the blink of an eye lol

Shimotsukin

Arachnopeon
I had a one inch pokie fall from table once on to a hardwood floor, he/she was just fine.