My P. irminia Is Playing Games With Me

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This might by my strangest T stunt I've seen yet.

A little background...

My P. irminia is approx. 3.5", and housed in a tall acrylic craft box with tons of holes drilled in it. Her water dish is in one corner. I've glued a tray with a drain hole (the lid off of a flightless fruitfly vial) to the corner, several inches above the substrate. It's just the right size to set the cap of a water bottle in. This way, I can replace the water dish every week without re-gluing something to the wall.

It's actually a bit higher up than in the pictures, because the substrate and moss have settled quite a bit.

Anyway... I went in to check on the Ts last night (it was completely dark in the room). As I approached the tank and reached for my little flashlight, I heard something drop. It didn't sound like what I would imagine a T hitting dirt would sound like. It sounded like plastic. I checked all the tanks, and found my P. irminia frozen... looking like she'd been caught in the act... sitting at about the level of her water dish. The actual bottle cap was lying beneath her on the substrate. I was somewhat amused. She's tossed her water dish before when its empty, but I knew I'd be doing tank maintenance and replacing the bottlecap this morning, so I left her.

I had dinner, got ready to go out, and went back to check on them all before I left (about 2 hours later). My girl tossing her water dish was amusing, but the shocker was that when I looked in on her again, THE DISH WAS BACK IN THE TRAY! :eek: She picked it up, climbed with it several inches, and put it back! Why would she do such a thing except to mess with my head? {D I know I'm not losing my mind.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Now I know I'm not crazy. I just cleaned all the tanks, and that bottle cap was upside-down in the tray. :rolleyes:

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Haha! I'm sure it's some secret code, and once you've been able to understand it you'll know most of the answers to earths greatest mysteries. ;)

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And some people say that tarantulas are boring...maybe she's ordered a straight jacket off of the net...lol

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
hahahaha...it's playing mind games with you, just wait til it gets bigger and can move heavier things ;)

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That's great! Maybe she doesn't like tap water???

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
maybe she wants the lid opened, she' planning her escape ;P

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That bottled water is actually tap water, with a fancy label and a price tag, lol

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This brand is only sold in Florida. It comes straight out of the Floridan Aquifer. All other bottled water (the tap water kind like Aquafina/Dasani) tastes like crap to me. This is better. She shouldn't complain. :rolleyes:

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What a sneaky little beastie!

Apparently, they are more clever than they are given credit for....

mandolin101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmmmmmm...

Sounds like you've got an animagus there. I agree that it must be some kind of code. She's probably telling you to take her out of the tank so she can change back to a human :}

P.S. Sorry, i read too much Harry Potter

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Why would she do such a thing except to mess with my head?
Her thought processes were likely along the lines of "Oh snap. What am I going to drink out of now? Better put that back..."

_Nagash_

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Amanda
Thsi was realy funny to read about!

Wish my L.parahybana was this nice, instead of just flipping around the waterdish 5 minutes after I have changed it :(

Greets
Robin