My P. Imperator has babies!

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ok, I just went down to check on my large P. Imperator and there were little babies on her back! Now, what do I do with them? Should I put some crickets in there or leave her alone?

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have had C. Vittatus and C. Sculpt babies but never P.Imperator. I have had her for almost a year now and I thought she was just overweight.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Leave her alone. That's the very best thing you can do. To much stress will cause her to eat the young. The babies will leave on there own when they are ready. Once they leave you can start feeding her again.

John

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Leave her alone. That's the very best thing you can do. To much stress will cause her to eat the young. The babies will leave on there own when they are ready. Once they leave you can start feeding her again.

John
+1 wait for the babies to molt to 2i. you could even try throwing a prekilled cricket or two in for the mom, before or after the babies molt. she will attempt to feed them at 2i.

venomglide

Arachnopeon
Congrats, I love p. imperator but to no avail i have h. longi ^^. Wait until 2i before separating them. It would be nice to have a communal tank for those folks

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That is exciting Jeremy! Crossing my fingers that she will be a good mom and not eat them! :)

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So far so good. I am leaving her alone right now and it seems like a few more popped out. I am simply keeping water in her dish and not introducing crickets or roaches.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So far so good. I am leaving her alone right now and it seems like a few more popped out. I am simply keeping water in her dish and not introducing crickets or roaches.
Let the water dish dry up.. From here out..

Well, really, do whatever you want. :D

But that is what I would do.. (ps. moisten sub through 3i min.)

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just want to be sure there is water there. I don't have any males so this one needs to work out.

cannabeast

Arachnosquire
Well, what do you guys think?
those are really beautiful scorplings you got there. congratulations you got a lot of p imperator. i agree with getting a huge tank to put everyone in a big commune. if you cant afford it, make it. you could also sell the scorplings, or trade for them after they are 2instar and get off mama's back.

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
those are really beautiful scorplings you got there. congratulations you got a lot of p imperator. i agree with getting a huge tank to put everyone in a big commune. if you cant afford it, make it. you could also sell the scorplings, or trade for them after they are 2instar and get off mama's back.
I want to sell them as soon as they can be sold as I simply do not have enough room for all of them. Given how big they can get they need to have appropriate homes. Though I intend to keep some of them. Would a 20L Tank be big enough for the babies?

cannabeast

Arachnosquire
I want to sell them as soon as they can be sold as I simply do not have enough room for all of them. Given how big they can get they need to have appropriate homes. Though I intend to keep some of them. Would a 20L Tank be big enough for the babies?
yeah 20l tank is enough for the babies. these type tend to behave themselves in a commune, but they wont cannabalize until after 3 or 4instar you know because they are from the same brood(i think. if not i hope somebody will correct me here). long way to go before that 3i..keep them and make them until 3instar for now in the 20l. with plenty of hides of course. i would just do 1.5Xthe ammount in the same brood in 20l tank. some people probly go the extra 2 hides per scorpion. u got more pictures?

Last edited:

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah 20l tank is enough for the babies. these type tend to behave themselves in a commune, but they wont cannabalize until after 3 or 4instar you know because they are from the same brood(i think. if not i hope somebody will correct me here). long way to go before that 3i..keep them and make them until 3instar for now in the 20l. with plenty of hides of course. i would just do 1.5Xthe ammount in the same brood in 20l tank. some people probly go the extra 2 hides per scorpion. u got more pictures?
Unfortunately I don't have any more pics. I will TRY to get some more up tonight if I can.