My own setup

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I figured since I'm new to both the boards here, and to scorpion keeping in general, I'd post some pictures of my own setup, and see what you guys think.

The following houses a single P.Imperator (I unfortunately do not know what Instar it's currently in, or even for sure what sex it is... :( I'm horrible, I know. For the current moment, I assume it's a 'he').

Anyways, I use stuff called Black Earth as the substrate. It's all organic, with almost a natural mulch included. What you see covering some parts of it is sphagnum moss, to help with humidity. The plants are actually fake bonsai trees, and a fake terrarium plant. They're the silky kind, though, and I find they hold moisture fairly well. Two rocks for ornamentation, a log that he likes to climb all over, and before I made some changes (added the sphagnum moss just tonight), he had a very well established burrow under there. By the log, you can barely see the rock hide he uses as well.

Temp stays close to 80 degrees Farenheit on the cooler side, and roughly 84-86 on the warmer side (side with the water dish). Humidity before I made the changes stayed roughly 70%. I'm hoping by adding the moss, it'll bump up the humidity a bit. Oh, and the third picture isn't as good, because silly me decided to take the pictures after I misted the tank, so there's lots of moisture on the side.

Alas, I write a novel. On with the pictures.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is what I call a mansion fit for an emperor ! {D {D

I know I wouldn't change anything about that, your humidity looks good, temps look good...cage looks amazing!

What size tank is that? You might consider adding more scorps...I am always a big fan of large communal setups :):)
;P ;P

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As per request, a couple of pictures of Bayushi. I'll post better ones when I get a chance to take some.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I will be sending you more imp's in the mail to be his companions !

:) :)

Edit : what size is that tank? looks huge !

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think it's a 15 gallon. I don't really know at the moment. I'll have to measure it.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks like its at least a couple of molts off being an adult.
I agree -- my adults are quite a bit larger than yours.

Here's an example of adult size (the person doesn't have very big hands, though):

If you want to sex yours, check out this post in the sexing thread.

By the way, the setup looks AWESOME! :clap: If my scorps could see it, they'd be jealous. :D

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh, I know it's far from being adult. The petstore said it was about 6 months old...so an off guess is 3rd (Maybe 4th?) Instar?

Thanks for the compliments on the setup. Bayushi seems to like it...last night he practically made himself a network of burrows. Never seen him do that before.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I figured since I'm new to both the boards here, and to scorpion keeping in general, I'd post some pictures of my own setup, and see what you guys think.

Hey your setup looks great! One thing you may consider to change though, is the pebbles in the water dish. If you allow them the scorp will fully submerge itself in the water, I have pics and vids first instar scorplings in bottle caps to adults in water dishes go 'bathing'.

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey your setup looks great! One thing you may consider to change though, is the pebbles in the water dish.

The reason I have them, is because I 've been alittle worried he'll get stuck in the water dish. It's actually pretty deep (I think close to 2"). But I'll pull them out and see what happens. I've been wanting to see my little guy bathing ever since I saw a vid on YouTube that showed one bathing.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You little buddy is deffinately farther along than just 3I... seeing how he looks to be twice or more the size of all the 3I i have here atm.

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You little buddy is deffinately farther along than just 3I... seeing how he looks to be twice or more the size of all the 3I i have here atm.
See...I don't really know...I was throwing out a completely uneducated guess. The petstore wasn't even able to give me much info when I got him. But atleast they took good care of them. Their setup was nice.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i just thought i would let ya know is all. normally around 5 to 7 days after being born emps moult into 2I, then about a month later they moult to 3I. each successive moult is longer than the last so you can kinda figure if it is approx. 6 months old it might be around 5I....maybe..