My other arachnids

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definitely underrated creatures. I have a few that are going on 2 years since molting to adulthood. Very handleable... I don't recall mine every spraying since snagging them and they eagerly crawl up a hand placed in their enclosures when they're in an exploring mood. I'm thinking about breeding them but am far from eager about the fact that females don't normally survive the brooding process.

I've observed many wild specimens here; I think it's pretty neat how well they survive in Florida's scrub and pine forests. Adults are easily the apex invertebrate predator where they're common. They normally have a lot of millipede remains in their burrows.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If that's a gallon jug bottle cap in the container, your vinni has some more molting to do, it's just a juv. You can compare the size to this male I had years ago. They can catch and eat small snakes and geckos when they are adults. I put a banded gecko in with one thinking it would be OK but she grabbed it immediately, to late to save it.

Last edited:

Derpspider21

Arachnopeon
I keep mine in desert tank with a verity of succulents and large underground hides. It only comes out when I drop a cricket in or mist its tank.

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
I keep mine in desert tank with a verity of succulents and large underground hides. It only comes out when I drop a cricket in or mist its tank.
This little rascal is out most nights unless she's in premoult.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Took some quick pics whilst my Mastigoproctus giganteus was out. Not very good as I had to rush. As expected she quickly went to ground.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
I've just been realizing how awesome these things are, planning on picking one up at a reptile expo next month (hopefully with a whip spider as well).