My other arachnids

basin79

ArachnoGod
This little beautiful creature has arrived. Mastigoproctus giganteus. First time I've owned one of these magnificent arachnids. I would just like some second opinions.

From the few pics I've seen I'm going with female but it would be great if someone with experience can take a look at the pic of the underside.

These are just some quick pics with my camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I got one about a month ago and they are fantastic! Super underrated IMO. I'd probably say female too just based on what I skimmed through, but I don't know too much about sexing vinegaroons. Beautiful specimen, those pictures look great!

basin79

ArachnoGod
I got one about a month ago and they are fantastic! Super underrated IMO. I'd probably say female too just based on what I skimmed through, but I don't know too much about sexing vinegaroons. Beautiful specimen, those pictures look great!
I'm so glad I started watching those youtube videos. They where the final straw.

So you're guessing female too. Well at least I won't be wrong on my own. What size is yours?

I've even named her. Not that it means I love her more or my other inverts less because of it.

Her name, Clubber Lang.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I'm so glad I started watching those youtube videos. They where the final straw.

So you're guessing female too. Well at least I won't be wrong on my own. What size is yours?

I've even named her. Not that it means I love her more or my other inverts less because of it.

Her name, Clubber Lang.
Mine is probably a little less than half an inch body length. Probably one of my favorite inverts I have, every night it loves to come out and roam its enclosure :D I would love to get one of the asian species too, but they are super rare and get smaller. Just love amblypigids in general, such interesting creatures ;)

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice vinegaroon! I have a couple young CB specimens myself, they've only been active a short time after hibernation, and at least one of them recently molted. I love to watch them hunt!

basin79

ArachnoGod
Can anyone else tell me if my assumption that Clubber Lang is female?

keks

Arachnobaron
I saw a vinegaroon on the expo, beside some scolopenders. I was thinking of you in this moment ^^.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I saw a vinegaroon on the expo, beside some scolopenders. I was thinking of you in this moment ^^.
I'm so glad I finally bought one. There absolutely fantastic.

keks

Arachnobaron
I'm so glad I finally bought one. There absolutely fantastic.
It was exciting to see an animal live that I only know from your videos (the scolopenders too, but no idea what species they were). I considered for a minute to ask for the price of the vinegaroon, but I didn't. I had millipedes, and some spiders, that was enough. But it is on my virtual (maybi)list for the future ^^.

basin79

ArachnoGod
It was exciting to see an animal live that I only know from your videos (the scolopenders too, but no idea what species they were). I considered for a minute to ask for the price of the vinegaroon, but I didn't. I had millipedes, and some spiders, that was enough. But it is on my virtual (maybi)list for the future ^^.
What spiders did you buy?

keks

Arachnobaron
What spiders did you buy?
My psycho Euathlus sp. red, three slings of Cyriocosmus elegans, and a couple Cyriocosmus chicoi. With the chicoi I made a bad mistake, he had an adult couple too and I took the subadult. Now I hope to realize when they are adult. I never see them -.-". I don't know this seller, so I don't know if I can trust him.
My couple C. perezmilesi from which I had the offspring I bought from a wonderful seller, but he gave up selling tarantulas.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My psycho Euathlus sp. red, three slings of Cyriocosmus elegans, and a couple Cyriocosmus chicoi. With the chicoi I made a bad mistake, he had an adult couple too and I took the subadult. Now I hope to realize when they are adult. I never see them -.-". I don't know this seller, so I don't know if I can trust him.
My couple C. perezmilesi from which I had the offspring I bought from a wonderful seller, but he gave up selling tarantulas.
Have you got a thread in the tarantula section?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I really like these too, I also think they are underrated, under the radar for some reason I can't figure out. It may be the idea that they spray, but they generally stop doing that soon even when you pick them up. I don't mind the smell of the spray either, vinegar. I've been trying to narrow my invert breeding to 5 or 6 species and the vinegaroon is one I'm keeping. I've been raising 20 babies and they have been through a few molts, easy, hardy and fun to watch imo.