My Nhandu Colortovilosis..

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Probaby spelled it wrong but you get the idea. Anyhow, it has been down its burrow for about a week now and is refusing food, intact I discovered she has covered her enterance with web...usually this would leave me to believe she's preparing for a molt but the last time I saw her she was not showing any signs of it. May I add that it is getting colder here in socal looking at about 60 degrees, but I never let her get under 72, which is the temp at night in her enxlosure, shes at 80-82 in the day. I'm sure itsa molt but its questionable because like I said I didn't see any signs of it when last seen. Any other reason?, do spiders sometime burrow themselfes before they die?, I just wanna make sure she's ok.

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's most likely a molt. I wouldn't worry about it. You'll know in a week or two.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
Dont freak out, it could only possibly be two things: Incoming molt and its very common for a T to seal itself off from the world during one. Or due to the temperature drop at night she might have assumed that its winter time and desided to hunker down for the long haul without realizing there is an all powerful mighty being that will provide food and heat when ever necessary!

P.S.

Spiders dont burrow to die they go into a death curl and it would be a waste of energy for them to dig their own grave when they can just curl up where ever they please