My Next Planned Snake Purchase?

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I want one or a pair of these quite eagerly, a South American constrictor/venomous rear-fanged snake commonly referred to as the Mussurana (Boiruna spp or Clelia spp).

They cost a small fortune but too awesome and the babies are absolutely gorgeous. Adults reach 6-7 feet in length.

Here is page and links on them from breeder and seller Doug Taylor of Doug Taylor Reptiles, Mussurana.

Has anyone kept any of these snakes?

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool snake... Doug is the only one I know who is working with them. At the price he is offering them, I would rather get a North American indigo snake.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cool snake... Doug is the only one I know who is working with them. At the price he is offering them, I would rather get a North American indigo snake.
North American Indigo Snake is freakin gorgeous but I don't find the Mussurana any less so and I find it a far more unique snake being the origins in South American give an additional exotic value and the fact it is a venomous rear-fang and constrictor wrapped up in a single snake.

And captive breeding is producing some interesting selections from various locales including even pie-balds.

The there are other sellers try www.kingsnake(s).com classifieds under "Other Snakes".

Don at www.mfezi.com

and www.lllreptile(s).com

But finding a rodent eating individual is a plus.