My newly arrived B.Hamorii 2days ago from shipping closed its hide, need expertise

Arachnophelia

Arachnosquire
How do you want to do that while it's buried away? "Do not disturb" really means do not disturb... at all. ;)
Yeah i figured hahaha, it literally added more coco peat in front of its hide’s Entrance and blocked it up totally, hahahaha, i guess it never wants to see my face again 🤣

gabrielgartner

Arachnosquire
I bought my 1" sling in February. It disappeared the first week and hasn't emerged since. I can see the bottom of it's burrow through the enclosure. Just leave them. They'll emerge when they're ready. Just have a water dish and you can occasionally leave a crushed mealworm/cricket near the burrow entrance. Just remove it if they don't eat.

Arachnophelia

Arachnosquire
I bought my 1" sling in February. It disappeared the first week and hasn't emerged since. I can see the bottom of it's burrow through the enclosure. Just leave them. They'll emerge when they're ready. Just have a water dish and you can occasionally leave a crushed mealworm/cricket near the burrow entrance. Just remove it if they don't eat.
Wow nice did it eventually emerged tho, thats kinda same thing happening to me now, thank you tons for replying i will definitely let it be 🥰

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
My female C. leetzi did the exact same thing but built a tunnel under her hide from one side through the bottom to the other. Closing off both entrances.

Everyone said she was going to molt but appeared a month later with half the size abdomen, unmolted and hungry as all heck. Now she just chills with her feet outside her burrow.

She needed exactly 1 month to settle in.

Different genus, different species but you get the point I hope. Trust your spider. It knows what its doing.

Plus at 1" its pretty well started for a sling. I wouldnt worry one bit.

Digging her up will only cause this to last longer as you will presumably be seen as a large predator. Nvm if she's moulting. Things can go awry. Best advice...get some more spiders. That way something fun is always going on!

Hands OFF, dark, quiet spot for her in the time being.

Good luck TROOP!

-P

Last edited:

Arachnophelia

Arachnosquire
My female C. leetzi did the exact same thing but built a tunnel under her hide from one side through the bottom to the other. Closing off both entrances.

Everyone said she was going to molt but appeared a month later with half the size abdomen, unmolted and hungry as all heck. Now she just chills with her feet outside her burrow.

She needed exactly 1 month to settle in.

Different genus, different species but you get the point I hope. Trust your spider. It knows what its doing.

Plus at 1" its pretty well started for a sling. I wouldnt worry one bit.

Digging her up will only cause this to last longer as you will presumably be seen as a large predator. Nvm if she's moulting. Things can go awry. Best advice...get some more spiders. That way something fun is always going on!

Hands OFF, dark, quiet spot for her in the time being.

Good luck TROOP!

-P
Thank you very much sir, that is exactly what i have been doing, trust the spidey sense 🔥

Made few more holes

Thank you ❤

Attachments

gabrielgartner

Arachnosquire
Mine finally emerged after 4 months and took a cricket. Seems to have molted at some point. It's now an absolute savage taking down 3/4in crickets. They'll come out when they're damn his and ready....

"Best advice...get some more spiders. That way something fun is always going on!"

This is brilliant advice. If you have only one it's too easy to give in to temptation and peek into a burrow... If you have several, synergistic is always doing something which removes the urge to bug those that are more introverted!

cold blood

Staff member
People here keep giving sling advice...lol...look at the pics people, OP does NOT have a sling.

Last edited:

gabrielgartner

Arachnosquire
This is the OPs first sentence...

“Ok i got my first tarantula ever 2 days back and it’s a 1inch sling”

maybe I’m confused, but it sounds like he’s talking about a sling...😂

Thekla

Arachnoprince
This is the OPs first sentence...

“Ok i got my first tarantula ever 2 days back and it’s a 1inch sling”

maybe I’m confused, but it sounds like he’s talking about a sling...😂
Yes, but it's not a sling. I already mentioned that 3 weeks ago. Have a look at the pictures they first posted. :)

Arachnophelia

Arachnosquire
Be careful handling it, can go very wrong very quickly. Not handling rarely goes as wrong as quickly.
Ahaaa yes yes i am always very careful with it, are there any dangers i should worry about besides dropping, thanks in advance