my newest T..

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
courtesy of Bryan from Cronoss, at the reptile show...
:D
A Goliath pinktoe...
I could NOT get a good picture thru the container, but this is was my best attempt:

Attachments

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
and because Ernie promised to show me his

twelve incher :p if I posted this pict, here is my newest NON T that I also impulse-bought at the show yesterday....my bearded dragon baby.

Attachments

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey good pic and congrats on the new T as well. We have a Reg. T.Blondi but my husband is wanting a Goliath Pinkfoot. Oh and the baby beardie is cute to :)

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey rapunzel,
Just wanted to make sure what I was looking at. When you say goliath pinktoe, are you taking about an A. braunshauseni? Nice looking T, how do you like it so far? I was wondering because that's one of the Avic's I don't have.

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
rapunzel,

Thats a cool little beardy - how big is he? I posted a pic of mine on the other pets forum earlier, mines about 9 1/2 years old though - they make real cool lizard pets.

Oh yeah, thats a cool looking T too :)

Stu

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by SpiderTwin
Hey rapunzel,
Just wanted to make sure what I was looking at. When you say goliath pinktoe, are you taking about an A. braunshauseni? Nice looking T, how do you like it so far? I was wondering because that's one of the Avic's I don't have.
I am thinking YES that is what I am talking about..I would actually have to go to Cronoss Bug site and look it up to be absolutely positive.,,,but that looks about right.

How do I like it? Very well. it has been eating...three crickets , I think...no web yet, very calm when I transferred it from the container it came in to its new home...longggg legs, looks nice.

"Thats a cool little beardy - how big is he? "
Stu, the beardie is a little guy, was hatched on 3-26, about four inches I think...very cute!=D

Very nice, and I have sated my T craving for another month...:D

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
okay i looked it up..

annnnd yup! It is an Avicularia braunshauseni :)

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: and because Ernie promised to show me his

Originally posted by rapunzel
twelve incher :p if I posted this pict, here is my newest NON T that I also impulse-bought at the show yesterday....my bearded dragon baby.
Sorry its so late Kim.
12 - 14" long.

Ernie

Attachments

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks Rapunzel,

I haven't been to Cronoss's site before, what is his web address?

Your T looks to be 3" or so, did you get a good deal on it?

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i hope you realize that with the purchase of that bearded dragon you bought one of THE most complicated reptiles to care for that there is right? :)

they require an extremely varied vegetarian diet as well as vitamin & calcium supplementation, UVB lighting constantly (needs replacement every 6 months), etc.

i usually feed mine dusted crickets, then an assortment of (changes at times) kale, mustard greens, turnip greens, parsley, mint, basil, corn, peas (not sweet peas!), green beans, carrots, tomatos, etc.

i LOVE my beardie, but she is one of the hardest reptiles i have just b/c of diet. :/ good luck with yours!!!

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ooohhhhhhh Mr. T..its so

awesome!!!!!!! And your dog is the best!!!! I love boxers.

Skadi..
iguanas are worse!

I am having beardie addiction. I want another one now. Two. Just two and I will be satisfied.

Yes! Spidertwin! Bryan has great deals...his web addy is listed in the online breeder page and also you can catch his addy when his ad pops up above at the top of this page also.
edit* Here it is:
http://hometown.aol.com/cronossbugs/myhomepage/business.html

Last edited:

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you get another Beardie, make sure that you don't end up with 2 males together. Did you get that little guy sexed at the show?

Beardies make absolutely GREAT pets, if a little hard to care for, as skadiwolf mentioned. At that size, they will mostly only want crickets, but when s/he gets a little larger, you can start introducing leafy greens and other veggies, which will be the staple diet for an adult, along with some fruits as treats (ie: small amounts of lettuce, mustard greens, kale, carrots, grapes, apples and pears, snap peas, cabbage, etc). My large adult Pastel male also enjoys a pinky mouse about once a month, as a treat, along with a few crickets once a week or so. Just remember that VARIETY is the key for these guys' diet. Keep the little one healthy and happy, and you will be rewarded with a long-time companion :D

Let me know if you have any more Beardie questions--I love these guys! :)

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
oh i know, you couldn't pay me to own an iguana. :) nooo way.

yes, definitely. if your beardie isn't sexed, that's not a good idea as of yet to get another.

also, they require tremendous floor space, so even just keeping two together you'd better be prepared to sacrifice a LOT of room if you want to keep them properly.

www.anapsig.org has a great iguana salad that beardies also love and the BEST site on beardies in my opinion is Kathryn Tosney's Bearded Dragon Site - http://biology.lsa.umich.edu/research/labs/ktosney/file/BDcare.html

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yup, they sexed him...

he is a boy. :).....

I will let you know when questions come up, Thank YOU!

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
With all due respect, imo, chameleons are the toughest lizards to care for, perhaps the toughest reptile to keep. I believe that Toan has bred some Jacksons' and that is not easy to do.

Karen N.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
yeah, i've got to agree. with the humidity requirements and needed insect variety in the diet...argh.

that's why i don't have any chams either. :) there are definitely some beautiful ones out there though, wow.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i always feel bad for them..

poor little chameleons..with their funky feet...reaching out into space with no branch near by to grab....
awwwwww...
No, I would never even ATTEMPT to own one of them, with their temp/humidity/feeding requirements. Never.

Skadi..how are those lil slings doing?
pretty neat, that PM stuff, huh?( I pm'd Mr.T but he Has NOT checked his inbox yet...)

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
aww, I know its not a T BUT , i couldnt resist posting some pics of my beardy too :)

plus skadi - you ever keep uromastyx? One of athose species is next on my list

cheers,

Stu