My newest addition

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
Very fortunate to say I've added an Androctonus Australis Hector to my collection. Big thanks to @Koh_ for selling it to me, letting me pay how I was comfortable, and the excellent packaging job. :) I'll post some pics. I just got the terrarium together, more changes to come. I have an Androctonus Amoreuxi that I've raised from 2i to 6i and I'm so looking forward to doing it with this beauty. Androctonus are amazing scorpions. 20160807_225906.jpg Resized_20160805_173808.jpg Resized_20160805_173926.jpg

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
It's not harmful if they are kept in small enclosures. Even in big ones, the spend most of their lives in a burrow or lair anyway.

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
It's not harmful if they are kept in small enclosures. Even in big ones, the spend most of their lives in a burrow or lair anyway.
I would say yes, for some species. My A. Amoreuxi routinely explores the extent of her terrarium, usually at night or in the early morning hours. She's constantly poking around in there. My Hottentotta Judaicus does also, but it's usually when I'm getting ready for work around 7am. I do feel like my Pandinus Cavimanus would be fine in a terrarium a quarter the size of what she's in. She does spend most of her time in her tunnels/burrows on the warm side of her terrarium. I'm betting my Australis will act similar to my Amoreuxi, but we'll see. I'll keep posting!

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
Cool terrarium, my poor girl lives in a small plastic box.
Thank you :) Don't beat yourself up. The life you provide for your scorps could very well be better than what they would encounter in the wild. It's brutal out there.

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
do u guys have more androcs for sale? i would love to have amoreuxi too
I don't. I got my A. Amoreuxi from Arachnophiliacs. He updated his scorpion list recently with a lot of Androctonus. A couple of which I've never even heard of. But no Amoreuxi unfortunately.

Anthony Jensen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very cool! I can't bring myself to keep any Androctonus species anymore, so I will have to live through pictures. Love the setup too.

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
I'm looking to buy an adroctonus species.
Right on. :) Amoreuxi was my first, and is so far my favorite of my scorps. Very active, good eater, always digging and moving bits around in her terrarium. I'll post a recent pic of her. Good luck with your search.
Resized_20160923_123018.jpg