My new T. blondi came today, & it is a real one LOL!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I got this new T. blondi today from Paul becker and she/he is just awesome, although when I went to let him crawl from the vial to my hand she/he gave me a little love bite LOL (didn't hurt at all). He is already eating and exploring his new home. He didn't eat on camera because well the log in there was probally shaking the ground he was on when I was getting the roach, didn't notice that until I saw the vid...ooops! I at first name her/him Zilla but my wife said it had to be a bit differen't so I name it "Zillian" LOL!!

[YOUTUBE]U5_IqkdmQsQ[/YOUTUBE]

Pics:

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Really fuzzy and blue looking right?
They are great!
:)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Really fuzzy and blue looking right?
They are great!
:)
They are so awesome Fran, I was about to edit my post and thank you for sharing where you got these...it is VERY much appreciated my friend!

Also, I wanted to do a experiment...keep records of molts, the sex of the slings and growth rates since I am sure these are siblings and me and you have about the same temps/humidity.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are so awesome Fran, i was aboutr to edit my post and thank you for sharing wheere you got these...it is VERY much appreciated my friend!

Also, I wanted to do a experiment...keep records of molts, the sex of the slings and growth rates since I am sure these are siblings and me and you have about the same temps/humidity.
Yeah :)

They are from the same eggsack,and laid about a couple of months ago (From conversations with PB)

Im getting another 2 on tuesday....Man, these are gonna grow! :)

Hopwfully you have a female there ;)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah :)

They are from the same eggsack,and laid about a couple of months ago (From conversations with PB)

Im getting another 2 on tuesday....Man, these are gonna grow! :)

Hopwfully you have a female there ;)
I may have to get a couple more, there like lays potatoe chips....you can't just have one LOL!!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well.. Well.. Well.. Fran is buying all the little blondi slings.. I better atleast get one.. {D

When y'all say these grow like weeds.... Are we talking faster than an LP or Pokie? Or do they grow about the same?

Dexter

Arachnopeon
I got mine sitting at about 84 degrees and pretty humid above 80%. It's also in a pitch black heated sling cabinet.

Not sure how you 2 are keeping yours setup. Would be nice to know :)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rob, that was a pretty funny "slow motion" walk actually, like if she was hunting {D

If someone had Theraphosa Sp "Spinipes", you can tell they do look quite different.
The "Burgundy" is brown in colour, not bluish like blondi is. Also Blondi slings are way fuzzier and of course, not difference in tarsi/metatarsi colour.

Im keeping mine at 85F aprox with 90% humidity.
I have them in a container with a heating pannel and a regulated soft light in the room that is on from 10am to 10pm aprox.

As long as they have plenty of air with high humidity and high temps, they will grow nice and fast.

This guys qill be over 6"next summer.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I got mine sitting at about 84 degrees and pretty humid above 80%. It's also in a pitch black heated sling cabinet.

Not sure how you 2 are keeping yours setup. Would be nice to know :)
Set up is in the vid, mine are kept at 85-87 degrees and 85-90% humidity.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Rob, that was a pretty funny "slow motion" walk actually, like if she was hunting {D

If someone had Theraphosa Sp "Spinipes", you can tell they do look quite different.
The "Burgundy" is brown in colour, not bluish like blondi is. Also Blondi slings are way fuzzier and of course, not difference in tarsi/metatarsi colour.

Im keeping mine at 85F aprox with 90% humidity.
I have them in a container with a heating pannel and a regulated soft light in the room that is on from 10am to 10pm aprox.

As long as they have plenty of air with high humidity and high temps, they will grow nice and fast.

This guys qill be over 6"next summer.
The slow walk is awesome LOL!!!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well.. Well.. Well.. Fran is buying all the little blondi slings.. I better atleast get one.. {D

When y'all say these grow like weeds.... Are we talking faster than an LP or Pokie? Or do they grow about the same?
I am getting 3-4 more also LOL!!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am getting 3-4 more also LOL!!
:eek: Dang! I better just call Paul! I better get one! LoL! Shoot.. I will come find where y'all live.. Sneak in & steal one blondi from each of you! ;P {D

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
:eek: Dang! I better just call paul! I better get one! Lol! Shoot.. I will come find where y'all live.. Sneak in & steal one blondi from each of you! ;p {d
roflmao!!!!!!!!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
roflmao!!!!!!!!
I kid you not! I am a very sneaky person.. I can walk right behind you.. And you will never know.. :cool: Unless of course I sneeze or something.. But that wont happen.. Im like a fox.. A sneaky...fox! :cool:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I kid you not! I am a very sneaky person.. I can walk right behind you.. And you will never know.. :cool: Unless of course I sneeze or something.. But that wont happen.. Im like a fox.. A sneaky...fox! :cool:
My dog would love some fresh meat LOL J/K:}:}:}{D{D{D{D

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How does he like his steak.. Ill bring some! {D
LOL!! satued with mushroom, some chopped up green pepper & onions, crush black pepper crust....and provolone cheese.....cooked 2 mins a side!!!