My new sling

SpiderGirl-13

Arachnopeon
I finally got my new slings a Honduran Curly Hair and a Chaco Golden Knee, I've asked a few questions about them and got alot of answers but I have a few more I wanted to know how often they will molt.{D

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
When they're ready. It is entirely dependent on the temperature they're kept at and how often/much they're fed. There's a little random variation due to individual genetics (why slings from the same eggsac will often grow at drastically different rates in the same conditions), but not much. I believe males also grow a little faster, certainly they don't live as long once sexually mature.

The G. aureostriata will probably molt more often of the two of them, as that species is a decent grower as the slower growers go.

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi spidergirl!
i just got a curly haired ling last week...cute little critters aren't they!:worship:

SpiderGirl-13

Arachnopeon

Thank you thats about how big my Golden Knee is and my curly hair is sooooooooooooooo much smaller.:razz:

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you thats about how big my Golden Knee is and my curly hair is sooooooooooooooo much smaller.:razz:
marley (the little guy in the pic) was supposed to be smaller but he molted in the post!...when he arrived i had a small skin and a fat ling! {D

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I finally got my new slings a Honduran Curly Hair and a Chaco Golden Knee, I've asked a few questions about them and got alot of answers but I have a few more I wanted to know how often they will molt.{D
g.aureo (chacos) will molt slowly, but not as slowly as the other popular grammastola (G.Rosea).

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Curlyhair Warning...

Now I know every tarantula... even the most docile kind can end up an aggressive bad apple but I just wanted to tell you... I used to have a curly hair about two years ago that I had for years and I don't know why but it was CRAZY INSAINE AGGRESSIVE!!! Lol! What actually surprised me about the T' was that from all the reviews I read about them they are, for the most part, a docile semi-nervouse species but mine... HOLY CRAP! It wasn't the kind of tarantula that would kick hairs at me either... it would ALWAYS take an aggressive stance against the slightest disturbance to it's enclosure. It was an absolutly beautyful spider and I wish I still had it (passed away) but wow was it aggressive! I used to feed it FULL GROWN fuzzy mice all the time and it would take em' like it was nobodys buisness! Like I said, I know I had an oddball but just so ya keep in mind... they are out there! :D

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Now I know every tarantula... even the most docile kind can end up an aggressive bad apple but I just wanted to tell you... I used to have a curly hair about two years ago that I had for years and I don't know why but it was CRAZY INSAINE AGGRESSIVE!!!
Haha, that reminds me of mine. I named her Bippie cause she is Bi-polar. One minute...nice and calm. Then next minute..she might be crazy, charging the glass closest to where your looking or doing sprints from side to side...lol. She is a very good looking T though. Oh, and she kicks crickets out of her hide. Very amusing T, now that I am thinking about it...I might get a couple more...haha.

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yikes! will i just hope my little guy is the docile,cuddle lovin, bundle of hair the pet shop promised me! i got him as a sling so i could get used to holding Ts without the fear of tagging, hopefully if i can keep handling him every now and then, he will get used to me bothering him when i wanna show him off! :)

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hopefully if i can keep handling him every now and then, he will get used to me bothering him when i wanna show him off!
Tarantulas almost certainly are incapable of that kind of memory, and they certainly have not evolved to have the brain-wiring to be socialized like mammals are. They either are in the mood to tolerate you at any given time or they aren't. Some tarantulas are simply more likely to be in that mood. :)

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tarantulas almost certainly are incapable of that kind of memory, and they certainly have not evolved to have the brain-wiring to be socialized like mammals are. They either are in the mood to tolerate you at any given time or they aren't. Some tarantulas are simply more likely to be in that mood. :)
sounds like most of the women i've dated! :eek:

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ouch!....R.I.P...Pink'n'curly...2007 :8o
im sorry mushroom, sounded funny in my head, my bad! :wall: