my new scorps(Tityus bastosi)

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
been a while since i have gotten any new scorps,been mainly concentrating on the trans..
couldnt pass these up.
1.2Tityus bastosi

hoping to get them to reproduce...
andy

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice pictures. I love that species. Good luck breeding them. I'm waiting, rather impatiently, for my trio to start producing.

John

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice ill have some sooner or later (bills man bills haha)

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wonderful species! I should have some 2nd instars ready to sell soon - some T. silvestris as well.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice additions! Very hardy species and easy to take care of. I received 9 instar 2 specimens last year and all are still alive, and in instar 5 now. So I will be able to breed them in summer 2011.....

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
:D Beauties ! Some nice photos.

Really Hope Im able to add some more of the Tityus Genus.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im a little cautious about getting tityus, just because of how well they camoflauge! haha. and i hear they play dead even better than jacksoni. i wanna work on getting some c. sculpts or some p. trans first.

edit: grats on the 3.

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
beautiful scorps. i need to get some of them in my life

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
im a little cautious about getting tityus, just because of how well they camoflauge! haha. and i hear they play dead even better than jacksoni. i wanna work on getting some c. sculpts or some p. trans first.

edit: grats on the 3.
This species and T silvestris both play dead very well. They'll role over if you push them that way, a few moments later they pop up and run off.

John

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This species and T silvestris both play dead very well. They'll role over if you push them that way, a few moments later they pop up and run off.

John
On top of that, try pulling them of a piece of cork with tweezers....Unless you use force, you won't be able to do so....and when you tap them with the tweezers, they run or even leap like greased lightning.....That is handy to know when working with these.
This is all natural behaviour 1) Catalepsy, playing dead can prevent being eaten, as most predators instinctively do not eat dead prey and 2) When the predator is confused, run for cover!

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
On top of that, try pulling them of a piece of cork with tweezers....Unless you use force, you won't be able to do so....and when you tap them with the tweezers, they run or even leap like greased lightning.....That is handy to know when working with these.
This is all natural behaviour 1) Catalepsy, playing dead can prevent being eaten, as most predators instinctively do not eat dead prey and 2) When the predator is confused, run for cover!
Exactly!:D

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
they are definitely entertaining..
and no aztek i wasnt aware he had any?
(havent been to the swap in a long time)
andy